UK Elle Collections S/S 2009

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by honeycombchild, Jan 27, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. honeycombchild

honeycombchild Well-Known Member

Does anyone have idea when this magazine will hit shelves? I've heard nothing on it as of yet.

I hope it's continued with the use of the layout from the last issue, I think they got something right with the last one; although it is a little odd that they keep changing the layout and setup for each issue.

2. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

It should be out in the UK on Wednesday 27th. Im looking forward to picking it up ^_^

3. notmanons

notmanons New Member

yayyy im getting mine!

4. Xone

Xone Active Member

well i think they have to change it cause the info its always the same, backstage,runway,etc they have to keep it dinamic otherwise would be boring....i love this magazine too...

5. honeycombchild

Thanks, not too long to wait for it now then. It seems an age since the last issue.

I do agree, I do enjoy it as a magazine, but then I am a sucker for the larger scale magazines! I was excited to here the new Conde Nast Love magazine was going to be a larger scale than regular magazines too.

6. vogue28

I love ELLE COLLECTIONS! Everything about it is fantastic, and well worth the money.. I'll scan the cover if it's in stores tomorrow ^_^

7. Northern Star

Northern Star French Chic

It will actually be in stores tomorrow.:D

8. vogue28

:clap: :clap: thanks for the heads up Northern Star

9. daddybuymeapony

daddybuymeapony New Member

I can't wait for this!

10. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

I didn't like the last issue - for me, whatever they did with it felt like a step down from their previous efforts. Nonetheless, it's still a great magazine at a good price, and I'll be in the same queue as everyone above.

11. honeycombchild

Have we all got it then? Haha. They've added a £1 to the price I see. Ha. Still a bargain though..

It's a really nice layout and clean style this time round, I really like the layouts of the pages. Nice, neat and clean and with large pictures you can actually make out!
    Really like the page they've done on the invites too.

12. notmanons

notmanons New Member

^ good grief. £6?!?!!?

13. vogue28

I just picked up my copy today, and I'm not impressed. The new layout is really boring and dull. The cover however is really striking. I'll post a picture in a minute ^_^

14. vogue28

[​IMG]
    [photo taken by vogue28]

This photo does not do the cover any justice at all, it's way more vibrant.

15. Xone

Xone Active Member

thank u...looks cool...could u pls post some interior pages,im curious about what u said of the layout...

16. notmanons

notmanons New Member

^ thanks for the picture! I quite like the layout of the cover. It's nice and simple.

I'm still pretty pissed off about it being £6...i mean most of it is just pictures...and stuff we all already know. I'd only justify paying £6 for a thick issue of British Vogue/Pop/Elle because then there'd be useful stuff like informative articles and content...etc

17. vogue28

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [photos taken by vogue28]

Some examples of the new layout, which actually isn't that bad. After looking back at the issue.

18. Xone

Xone Active Member

thanks for all vogue 28

19. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

Finally got to flick through the issue (at my local Tescos, the only place I found that stocked it).

I was almost overwhelmed by the fumes of whatever paper they're using to print on - it was strong stuff - but that wasn't the reason I didn't buy it. The design is very clean, but at the same time, why go to the bother of producing a larger-sized publication, only to fill most of the pages with white space? It felt to me like they were padding out the issue, to make it seem there's more inside than there actually is.

I think they have tried to include a lot of images from certain collections, those images are frequently very small on the page, but it means they get more in. I didn't like their cut-out technique, where they include a sliver of the background as a slight shadow around the model, but mostly have the model stuck rather starkly on the white page (though I'm sure my eyes would adjust to the design).

I wish they had gone for 'information overload' instead, with lots of images - catwalk backgrounds included - to make me feel I was getting tons of content for my £6. The design they've used is OK, but at this moment in time, perhaps not that persuasive when it comes to convincing people this magazine has lots to offer.

20. gossiping

gossiping Well-Known Member

I loved this, I read it the other day it was really interesting especially all the collages which were gorgeous as always.

There are also some new ads in there...Benetton was one! :D very pretty.