UK Elle December 2018 : Zoë Kravitz by Alexander Saladrigas

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by dodencebt, Nov 8, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

43817753_1089902014513250_2044733464407455020_n.jpg
    instagram.com/elleuk

2. Srdjan

Srdjan Well-Known Member

Not bad actually. Although that shoes & tights combination is very questionable. But femininity fits her. Rather than that Insta-hipster-millenial-chic she's usually associated with.

3. Morgane07

Morgane07 Member

I like it. It's a nice cover, I love the styling, I like the colours and her pose, and she's gorgeous, although the "seductive" eyes don't really work for me; it's hard to do it right.

4. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

Finally a nice cover from them, i do resent the shoes though!

5. amby

amby Active Member

I somehow don't like the kneeling pose, if they cropped it up til her waist would've been better IMO

dfl-001 likes this.
  6. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Don't like it at all. It's like an editorial outtake used as a cover, the pose makes her look even smaller than she actually is. And the styling is too much, yet doesn't deliver any sense of festivity. Why is she everywhere right now?

dfl-001 likes this.
  7. MON

MON Well-Known Member

Is she a smurf?

Benn98 likes this.
  8. amby

amby Active Member

9. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

Is this supposed to be a riff on the sort of shot you see on social media - someone posing in their room as they're getting ready to go out?

In this case, striking a pose as she picks something up from the floor.

10. KissMiss

KissMiss Well-Known Member

There are ridiculous ways to pose... there are ridiculous ways to style and this cover ticks both boxes...
    Zoe is obviously totally beautiful!
    P.S. and those shoes... I mean ouch!

dfl-001 and Benn98 like this.
  11. ghostwriter10549

ghostwriter10549 Active Member

Ok, so a lot of people said OK to this styling. Can you imagine?? Embarrassing.

dfl-001 and RMDV like this.
  12. RMDV

RMDV Active Member

It's like he's trying to hard to be capozzi

13. Morgane07

Morgane07 Member

lol so I'm the only one who likes this then...

14. 333101

333101 Well-Known Member

This is so unexciting. Last months cover with Florence Welch looked more festive than this! And gorgeous as she is, I just can't really get behind Zoe Kravitz as an actress :/

Benn98 likes this.
  15. Perickles

Perickles Well-Known Member

Her legs ruin the cover. From the waist up looks great though.

16. amby

amby Active Member

Another cover with Michelle Obama by
    Miller Mobley

17. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

I wonder whether Michelle's cover will be a global one. I can't continue to look at this picture though. There had to be a better one, crikey!

18. ellastica

ellastica Well-Known Member

Michelle is a dream cover subject but somehow I've yet to be blown away by a single cover she's landed.

Still patiently waiting for Michelle's cover lensed by David Sims with make-up by Pat McGrath, hair by Johnnie Sapong and styled by Mouchette Bell. A girl can dream.

19. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

I bought this as part of the three-mag multi-pack today - the cover shot seems more suitable for a January back-to-basics issue than it does for a December one. 228 pgs. Filled with perfume inserts.

There are three covers; the newsstand one, the special edition Michelle Obama one, and the subscriber's shot of Zoe Kravitz with her head resting on a steering wheel. Because that's what Christmas is all about.

The fashion articles are about party looks, but the fashion editorials have a plainer mood, like they're sick of festivities already and are packing a capsule wardrobe for a midwinter holiday in the sun.

WAY OUT WEST is a 6 pg studio editorial - white wall, pale floorboards - shot by Raffaele Cariou, styled by Felicity Kay, with model Ruinan @ Premier. It's 'rodeo-inspired' fashion, which means cowboy hats and knotted shirts.

WHERE'S THE PARTY is a 12 pg studio editorial - mostly light grey background - shot by Meinke Klein, styled by Theophile Hermand, with models Asta Stensson @ Nisch and Marina @ Anti-Agency. It's 60s-70s graphic print clothes, bell-bottoms. Maybe fit for a fancy dress party.

Next it's the Zoe Kravitz interview. She's like something from a Greek legend, a beautiful woman with the power to make you fall asleep whenever you catch sight of her.

CHASING THE SUN is set on a subtropical coastline location, 16 pgs, shot by Alex Franco, styled by Gillian Wilkins, with model Ayesha @ Paparazzi. It's like Britain doesn't exist, never mind Christmas.

And at the back of the issue, there's a bit of Elle Bamber in ACTING UP, shot by Clay S Gardner. I don't know much about her, but it feels like she should be on the cover instead. Not in terms of these images, but due to her being... possibly a lot more interesting than the YSL spokesmodel who's on the front instead.

The beauty section isn't anything special this month, when usually it's one of the best things about UK Elle. There's an editorial about pigment, which translates to block sections of primary colour eyeshadow. It's good - but is that all you've got for the one month where even those with perennially bare faces can be persuaded to put on some face paint for a party? I rename that yellow eyeshadow look 'piss-poor'.

In short: this magazine thinks it's being clever this month by pretending Christmas doesn't really exist, because that'll set it apart from its competitors. Yes, possibly not in the way that people want.

Annu, Tauriel, Benn98 and 1 other person like this.