UK Elle February 2019 : Stormzy & Jourdan Dunn by Paola Kudacki

Oh god, Jourdan is beyond stunning but...

tenor.gif

Jourdan did a good job, she looks like her old top model self so hopefully she stays like that in how she takes care of her self, how she poses and how she projects. Lately I have been very uninspired by her work but now she shines bright again: good on her :smile:

Love the colour scheme and mad about the crisp, minimal art direction. Really hope Elle will stick with this for at least a year. But maybe a black masthead wasn't an ideal choice here!?!

Why the big fanfare over Stormzy? What has he done for fashion, or in Elle's case, women? Confused by the casting to be honest. At least Jourdan is prominently positioned despite sitting on the floor between a man's legs on the cover of a pro-women's magazine. It's that SJP/Vogue cover all over again......

Well, it's 2019, where women are free to choose to sit on the floor, because that's modern feminism. I look forward to the article about this.

Sadly, like Stormzy, I would need to sit on a miniaturized picnic table, because once I'm down on the floor, there's no coming back, mainly because I'm old enough to remember when Susie Bick appeared on the pages of this magazine.

I have no idea who this Stormzy person is, but no....just no to him on this cover.
If I was a woman who bought Elle, I'd skip this month tbh. He is not selling me fashion or fantasy on that cover. Jourdan's top is cute.

Jourdan looks gorgeous on the first cover.
Stormzy and the other two covers seem completely unnecessary.
But I like Stormzy's portrait on the third, just not for an Elle cover.

"The Great British Fashion Issue" of a woman's magazine and it highlights a male celebrity that some of us have to look up online first to figure out who he is? Who's in charge of the casting for this magazine? I mean, the layout and styling itself is nice, but I don't see the point of giving him the cover when a feature and an editorial would do just fine, more than enough even.

Stormzy does have quite a big following along young people in the UK, so maybe that's who they're trying to attract. Seems very off with their actual target market though - how do they associate a grime rapper with women's fashion? Maybe I'm missing something...lovely shot of Jourdan though. The group shot is not a suitable cover image by any stretch - will be gobsmacked if I actually see it in print.

Amazing cover. The picture inside of Jourdan, Leomie and another girl is great.

Collective Power

Photographer: Paola Kudacki
Stylist: Solange Franklin
Hair: Virginie Moreira, Renda Attia, Mark Maciver
Makeup: Ariel Yeh, Alex Babsky, Maria Comparetto
Manicure: Saffron Goddard
Cast: Stormzy, Jourdan Dunn, Leomie Anderson, Damson Idris, Yrsa Daley-Ward, Wilfried Zaha, Temi Mwale, Dina Asher-Smith, Tiana Major9, Joshua,

UK Elle Digital Edition

The London Look

Photographer: Liz Collins
Stylist: Anne-Marie Curtis
Hair: Benedicte Kazau Beyret
Makeup: Shinobu
Manicure: Emma Welsh
Cast: Ruth Bell

UK Elle Digital Edition

Last edited:
Oh So Natural

Photographer: Quentin Jones
Stylist: Sophie Beresiner
Hair: Susanne Lichtenegger
Makeup: Andrew Gallimore
Manicure: Emma Welsh
Cast: Virginie Lentulus
Hand Models: Emma Hanson, Noela George

UK Elle Digital Edition

Last edited:
Wow, all the images are sooo beautiful. Love all three edits. I may be old, though, but I don't know who Stormzy is??

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->