UK Elle January 2019 : Chrissy Teigen by Gilles Bensimon

You know what, great! I mean you either love her or hate her and I love her for that. But this Dior look is just meh.

Already can't stand her, and now this awful cover! Styling is equally terrible as well. I had so much hope for this considering it was shot by Bensimon, but it fell flat, I'm afraid.

I always find it interesting to see what she, being a ''model'', can bring to a fashion spread. 99% disappointing and this is no exception.
Btw, maybe this is not the newsstand cover?

I don´t like the styling but I´m here for Bensimon and his vintage style.

Chrissy is not model material and has never been right from the start of her career. She does not know how to pose. I don´t hate her, it´s just the facts. But these days on covers you either have `that´ or instabrats... what a choice for magazine covers lol! Super fashion models don´t sell as much otherwise they would have come back on Vogue or Elle like in the 90´s.

Beauty and glamour - in both classic and modern forms - will always sell, but magazines have become infested with the suicidal belief that their only chance of survival lies in being a second-rate version of the internet, peddling the same material - and people - that seem to receive instant attention online.

So UK Elle Editors, why did you choose a mediocre model for a shoot with a highly respected photographer?

Chrissy hasn’t been a ‘model’ for a long time, she’s a celebrity and has been treated as such here. I like her personally, it’s nice for someone to have such a personality and something about them. I don’t care for the shot or the styling at all but it’s a new face at least.

This photo could be much better with another model.

Saw this on sale today - strangely, the travel sized issue comes bagged with a free fragrance ( I suspect it's the same one they were trying to shift with the previous issue) but the normal sized issue comes with nothing.

Inside, the cover story doesn't get any better, and the rest of the fashion content seems very grunge.

162 Pages

Wild at Heart

Photographer: Giovanni Corabi
Stylist: Felicity Kay
Hair: Adam Reed
Makeup: Polly Mercer
Cast: Alice Gilbert

UK Elle Digital Edition

A Life Unfiltered

Photographer: Gilles Bensimon
Stylist: Anne Christensen
Hair: John Ruggiero