UK Elle July 2012 : David Beckham by Doug Inglish

dreadful covers....i might be the only one not loving them the 3rd is more tolerable of the 3

I don't like the third cover. The fonts are terrible and ruin the pic.

I don't know how I feel about him being on the cover. It's weird but not like bad weird.

photographed by Doug Inglish

Bigger newsstand covers

designscene.net

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually like the subscriber's cover. I really like it when magazines have a bit of fun with their subscriber's cover like that, versus putting a bland cover line on an even more bland "artistic" photo. It reminds me a bit of what they did with Chloe Sevigny's cover in April 2010.

When do subscribers get issues?
I hope its today as its in the shops tomorrow...

i find all the cover incredibly boring and dissapointing... I think they could have done something more interesting with him... the topless cover is just awful... and that's one of the most gorgeous guy with the perfect body... ithe second subscribers' cover is actually quite nice...

his body and face is no more an allure, he ages in a bad way.

Really surprised to see a man on the cover of ELLE, it's a nice surprise though especially because it's David Beckham :wink:.

I think we all agree that the cover with the pool is the weakests of all.
I like 3rd the most, but it would look much better with just a ELLE logo on it and nothing else.

Pretty unexpected but he looks kind of uncomfortable in the cover shot. The second one is really good though.

I'm surprised I admire the third one, because I have zero interest in David Beckham and seeing men cover women's fashion magazines. This would have been so much better with Victoria, alongside David, to contribute the fashion aspect.

Review

Made In England
Cover Star: David Beckham
Photographer: Doug Inglish
Stylist: Simon Robins
11 Photos

She's Country
Model: Georgia May Jagger
Photographer: Thomas Schenk
Stylist: Anne-Marie Curtis
9 Photos

Sweet Dreams
Model: Tali Lennox
Photographer: Pierre Bailly
Stylist: Miranda Almond
8 Photos

Style For Less
Model: Farah Holt
Photographer: Wendelin Spiess
Stylist: Donna Wallace
6 Photos

^Thanks for the review. Sort of looking forward to seeing Georgia's editorial other than that I actually think all 3 covers are decent, probably the best from Elle in a while to me that is. I won't be purchasing this issue though and that's without even seeing all the content.

I'm going to ask my British boyfriend to pick me a copy but I can't decide which cover I want :lol: The shirtless one is quite hot but he looks rough on it, and the second one is nice and he looks handsome but he's clothed :lol:

HQ Subscriber's Cover:

scan by vogue28

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->