UK Elle June 2010 : Kylie Minogue by David Slijper

I love both versions of the cover. thanks for the scans and review.

The newsstand cover is beyond better than the subscribers, even if it looks like she's about to fall out - mid pose.
It's all so Fendi SS10 with Anja, only badly executed. Kylie's edit seems pointless and the colour shot is unflattering.
However the fourth shot is beautiful, such a good angle for her. That hand shot is a total waste of a page.

One thing I will not complain about is the model casting! Masha? They are on a role here!
Her edit looks absolutely stellar and that body looks amazing, every time I see it! Totally saved the entire issue.
Kudos to UK Elle for finally getting decent models in their issues (for me anyways). Can't wait to see that in print.
I haven't gotten my subscriber copy yet, it seems late. Hopefully it's in the mail tomorrow. Thanks honeycombchild!

Well the newstand cover looks very nice....seems pink is the 'in' colour for covers right now.
Kylie's shoot is disappointing but Masha N. is always a startlingly good editorial model and again she doesn't fail.
Looking forward to seeing Gracie's edit. and thanks for all the scans honeycombchild:flower:

I did think we'd have seen our subscriber's copies by now also. Hopefully we'll get them this week though.

Oh god, same boring face, same boring cover...yawn. UK monthly magazines seriously need to shake it up a little...fashion is all about constant change!

The newsstand cover is beyond better than the subscribers' one.

Got my subsciber's copy today, so if anyone else hasn't got there's yet, it should be any day.

I just noticed in the Elle Edits section there's one full page shot of Daria, which I presume much be a re-print from somewhere. She's on a beach in a floor length white Kaftan, looking down... There's also a shot of Natalia used from last UK Bazaar shoot on another page in the section.

Elle's done some paper mixing with this issue too, using some matt grainy paper for a section in the middle of the mag.

^I like the sound of that - it's one of the virtues of magazines that you can play with texture.

A very bold cover - in terms of the blur. Very brave move on Elle UK's part.

Newsstand cover is pretty good, it's really different from their covers, it has sign of creative.
Masha's editorial is amazing, she is unusual for UK Elle, isn't she? She looks great, thanks for scanning.

HQ Subscribers:

*scan by vogue28

With all respect to the good folks here.....this is the worst cover I've ever seen!

i love the cover. the blur adds mystery while its not super heavy. great visual concept.

With all respect to the good folks here.....this is the worst cover I've ever seen!

Oh, I think we can find you worse ones than this. How about US Vogue January 1993. Yes, I will repeat, this really and truly is a cover of US Vogue (ecrater.com:(

4aac4121c90b7_23680b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->