UK Elle March 2018 : Margot Robbie by Alexi Lubomirski

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
ELLE_MAR-18.jpg

NEWSSTAND.CO.UK

Quite disappointed the magazine which was on the up, would opt for a reprint from American Elle's February cover story for a March issue. This almost doesn't even look like the British edition of Elle. I thought it was some other European version of the magazine. Jeez!

It just looks so dated, and what happened with the slick, new art direction?? And a reprint for March? Taking a leaf out of Edward's book, I see. It's embarrassing.

And I'm positively fed up with Margot Robbie. Hopefully this is her last cover for this year.

I'm just going to paste my "Overexposure can be a terrible thing." comment underneath every cover of Margot until they stop.

I was about to say this 'filler shot' for a cover is another issue I won't be too interested in - before I realised it's the March issue, and therefore I should be interested in its contents.

OMG!!! What the hell is that? Are reprint for march? are you insane Anne Marie??What about the new layout?

GOSH, BIG NO!!!

Perhaps it was Margot's people who bought these covers for her. The Baftas are coming up and every bit of press will help. Why else would Anne Marie reprint a shot for March but do an exclusive shoot for a quiet month like January? No, it reeks of American PR machinations and unfortunately the UK edition was used as a pawn.

Well its very commercial looking and the design is much more mainstream... Maybe they just want to sell some copies!

I don't know why y'all are hating. I think it looks very pretty.

why all the ELLE's comes with a 'gift'? Is it more expensive with it? The argentinian edition is way expensive right now, I don't know about the other countries.

I'm just going to paste my "Overexposure can be a terrible thing." comment underneath every cover of Margot until they stop.

Indeed! I know that blondes with blues eyes, if magazines got their way, is all we would have on the covers, but Jesus she’s not the only actress in the Universe!

why all the ELLE's comes with a 'gift'? Is it more expensive with it? The argentinian edition is way expensive right now, I don't know about the other countries.

That 'gift' is just a way to lure buyers. Most magazines here, the excessively mainstream ones, often comes with these samples. And the price is still, in UK level, fairly low.

Elle covers are always boring, even if they use an interesting subject.
The perfect commercial magazine, each edition.

I just checked, 200 pesos (10 USD) for a local magazine is expensive! That's even pricier than the Scandinavian ones (or at least close).

Okay, as our dear Benn98 already stated, the Cover-story is reprint from US Elle February 2018 (which you can find here), with the exception UK Elle decided to go with only 5 shots.

PLASTIC-TASTIC
Photographer: Hans Feurer
Stylist: Claudia Englmann
Hair: Alessandro Rebecchi
Make-Up: Lloyd Simmonds
Model: Herieth Paul

UK Elle Digital Edition

BRIGHT YOUNG THINGS
Photographer: James Perolls
Stylist: Anne-Marie Curtis
Hair: Halley Brisker
Make-Up: Naoko Scintu
Models: Alderney Street & Doherty

UK Elle Digital Edition

SLOANEY PONY
Photographer: Carlijn Jacobs
Stylist: Joanna Schlenzka
Hair: Hiroshi Matsushita
Make-Up: Naoko Scintu
Model: Laura Julie

UK Elle Digital Edition

SUNSET STRIP
Photographer: Clay Stephen Gardner
Stylist: Robert Rydberg
Hair: Dimitris Giannetos
Make-Up: Melanie Inglessis
Model: Luz Pavon

UK Elle Digital Edition

Thanks for posting, Zorka! :heart:

So nice to see Hans Feurer after a break. The styling could look a little less high-street, despite the big brands displayed here, but overall it's refreshing. Like the rest of the edits as well. Anne Marie is a great fashion stylist and as such will have a better grasp on variety. With all this said, I don't think these four edits are painting a clear (not interesting) picture of what's to come for summer 2018. It's nice, but not wow. Could me for a April or May issue. Magazines are supposed to pull out all the stops for March and September.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherblazer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"