UK Elle March 2021 : Priyanka Chopra by Lia Clay Miller

The hair is a mess, makes her head look disproportionate to her body

The hair is a mess, makes her head look disproportionate to her body
Exactly.

Such a bad picture. Nothing works. The harsh white lighting on the left side of her face makes her look like a clown.

Back to the 90s, yet the image screams 80s. It's dreadful regardless of the decade, anyway.

The Year I Lost My Mind must be the most appropriate headline on recent fashion mags, as it perfectly describes the state of every EIC across the world (with the exception of my one and only, of course :smile:.

I'm amazed that a woman who has had very little success outside of her home country besides a cancelled US TV show continues to amass these covers. I understand that she has a book and this Netflix movie.

I would far rather see a cover shoot with Billie Piper. A British actress with interesting projects who managed to forge a successful and critically acclaimed acting career despite starting as a teen pop star than read about Chopra Jonas talking about Nick. Piper seems to have received little love from UK magazines despite a career that has lasted nearly 25 years. These UK magazines like Elle and Vogue need to remember their home grown stars too.

^And it's her second Elle cover already. Billie got a lot of praise for I Hate Suzie but not a single cover, can't even recall a feature. It's a bleeding shame.

This cover is trite anyway and I'm tired of seeing her everywhere. I don't get the modest coat pose when she's already in a swimsuit. But it is the hair that's the ultimate dealbreaker.

She looks so intense! Not a flattering cover from her or Elle UK

It’s clear that Netflix is trying to push her for a Best Actress nod for “The White Tiger”. Hence her sudden prevalence. I’m not mad at it as she does give a good performance there.

As for the cover? Her expression looks like a deer in the headlights. And that thing on her head looks like a strange mutation of some sea creatures. Not a good look.

Last edited:
They've booked a photographer who doesn't do Elle style studio shoots. Lia's work is beautiful but she doesnt do this slick studio. Why not play to her strengths?

The lighting doesn’t do her face any justice, and neither does the hair... guuurl no.

This cover is so bad...she is gorgeous and they choose this picture? This is how they want to appeal people?...

On the inside editorial there is one black and white picture with that Prada top with holes that could be a good cover rather than the one they choose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->