UK Elle October 2010 : Naomi Campbell, Kate Hudson, Coco Rocha, Helena Christensen

the supplement in fantastic, better than the kate cover

Last edited by a moderator:
I got this issue today, the one with Kate Hudson (it's the only one ive actually seen in stores so far) love the makeup and editorial though.

Helena's editorial is 6 pages long. She's wearing the 6 winners designs of Talent Launch Pad, funded by the British Fashion Council.

i need to say the designs look very interesting...

first preview from Helena's edit...

ftape

I wish they kept this pic coloured...

Helena's looks so beautiful! I hope the rest of her ed is as beautiful as these two pics. Thanks for posting, KissMiss.

If this hadn't been advertised as an anniversary issue, I would be rather impressed with this striking cover (and feature) of Kate, and while the editorials inside aren't super-fantastic, they're not bad. Some nice shots in there.

But when the words 'The Best Ever Elle' are written on the front, that's an assertion that needs to be backed up by a lot more than what's actually going on inside this issue. Me being old, this isn't a patch on either of the two previous anniversary issues that I own, so it's not as if they haven't produced something great in the past which they could easily build on with the extra material they've accumulated since then.

And while it's always nice to see supermodels back in the editorial section, the other day, I bought an old copy of Red magazine for 50p from a charity shop, and it had three editorials featuring Maggie Rizer, Alyssa Sutherland and Rachel Roberts, for no special reason other than that being the type of woman they use in their fashion pages. So what have I been missing every month by thinking a magazine like UK Elle makes better use of such models?

So I don't regret buying this issue, but it's not going to become part of my permanent collection. Because you have to do more than print the word COLLECTOR in big letters - twice - on the front cover to transform something into a collectable item.

On a positive note, I really can't wait to see the October UK Vogue.

I think its a shame they went with Kate Hudson for the news stand cover and made the others limited edition, I would have much rather prefered any of the others then to this one (well.. except Coco's since her hair is a bit funny). Instead of doing five covers why can't magazines just make one really spectacular cover- one that wows anyone who walks by it whether or not they are into fashion? Is it so hard to ask?

A really nice newsstand shot of Helena Christensen would have been fantastic - especially considering how many times she's been on their cover.

You are more than welcome Clo!

I think multiple news-stand covers would be very relevant... and I think they should not have left Yasmin Le Bon out... she graced the first ever ELLE... she is still working and looks phenomenal...

anyway here's a little preview of Helena's editorial... these snapshots have been made y 90sfan from Bellazon and am extremely thankful for them... sorry, the quality is not great...

I personally think that the second shot would have made a smashing cover;-)

Bellazon

umm i'm a subscriber but i got kate hudson's cover. i am so pissed off :(

umm i'm a subscriber but i got kate hudson's cover. i am so pissed off :(

I wasn't fussed about getting Kate's. Although as subscribers, I think we should of been given more of a variety.
For a 25th anniversary issue, there is nothing special about the covers. Even if they've used models.
If anything they've downgraded the creativity with that gradient pink banner along the bottom. They look thrown together.

Personally I would of re-created some of Elle's vintage covers. At least something like that would of been more.. understandable.

I find Coco's editorial to be extremely boring and silly. Helena's pictures look better, though.

^Helena's ed looks great! Thanks, KissMiss! Can't wait to see the eds in their entirety!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->