UK Elle October 2020 : Alicia Vikander by Hans Feurer

This really is a bad cover. You have Alicia and can't do anything better than this with her?

Wow the eyeshadow looks horrible, making her look like got punched in the face.

I used to collect this magazine and it saddens me that their new direction looks like that. To quote their cover blurb, "Uh oh.".

It could have been nice. But hair and make up ruined everything. Plus Alicia never got any charisma in print.

Overall it’s not a bad shot and cover, but the eye make up ruins it for me.

This would have been nice with a stronger model and without that red makeup

For the first time, she looks like a model with that stare!

Oh, ouch. Alicia is stunning, I think she's an incredible beauty but she seems to fall flat photographically for me? It's like no one has quite worked out how best to shoot her yet but I'm convinced it could be done.

I completely agree. Alicia is a stunning girl. She's also fantastic in motion and on film. Yet, photographers haven't been able to work out how to make her look as best as she should be in photographs...

This cover is, to say the least, an unmitigated disaster.

The magazine likes to release its covers early - but given that UK Elle is populated by reprints, I wonder what other edition this editorial was shot for.

When she appears in fashion magazines, Alicia Vikander is a waste of a printed page. For all I know, she could be giving it everything, but not only does she look ordinary in her shoots, she compounds that with facial expressions that make it seem like posing for pictures is beneath her.

She's just not a natural model - and not every actress should be expected to be one.

Hans: Give us your best high fashion pose, give us drama!
Alicia: *turns sideways, with a bland expression*
Hans: :wacko: *Guess that'll have to do* It's a wrap!

The coat is really awful, doesn't deserve to be on any cover. But that's made worse by everything else, hair, makeup, casting. Hans couldn't have saved this if he tried hard enough.
And to think that Alicia apparently has a dance background yet she can't take a decent picture to save her life. Maybe in her mind, she thinks she's posing like one of Capote's swans, but the reality is entirely different.

With that eyeshadow looks like she recently had to fight for survival at a subway station and ruined her back in the process. As graceful as a ton of brick.

Clumsy cover. Looks like she just woke up and had a hangover

Looks like the shoot is a Vuitton advertorial.

Soon nobody will be immune to advertorials, I'm only surprised Farrah isn't already up to her eyeballs in them.

Last edited:
She looks like a kidnapping victim who escaped from the basement of her oppressor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
famfaluca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->