UK Elle September 2010 : Emily Blunt By Matthias Vriens-McGrath

I love that they put Emily but I really am not fond of the picture they picked for the cover, it looks really awkward I think because you can't see her hands. However, I love the outfit and all the pictures inside the mag.

She also has Wild Target out at the moment. Not to mention that she literally just got married to John Krasinski so there'll be heightened interest in her at the moment for that reason too.

Awful cover. The lace is so distracting I forgot to even look at Emily's face.

She has a new version of Gulliver's Travels coming out in December, so could be for that. Some early press work. Although maybe it's just that Elle wanted to feature someone who hasn't really got that many covers before. She's a beautiful girl.

She's also got a movie coming out with Matt Damon called The Adjustment Bureau. It was supposed to come out in early fall and then got pushed back to March 2011, but it's probably that the decision to put her on the cover was made when that film's release was still schedule for early fall.

It's a good cover and her shoot looks even better. She's a very beautiful girl.

love the cover - outfit, make up everything.

love the d. - outfits make up everything

she looks very pretty!

I like it, but God that pose is just TACKY.

Review:

She's Always A Woman
Model: Alana Kuznetsova
Photograpger: David Slijper
Fashion: Anne-Marie Curtis

Tales Of The Unexpected Star
Celebrity: Emily Blunt
Photographer: Matthias Vriens-McGrath
Fashion: Sasa Thomann

Brand New Retro
Model: Julia Hedstrom
Photographer: Karen Collins

Can You Feel It?
Model: Taryn Davdison
Photographer: Lee Broomfield
Fashion: Natalie Wansbrough-Jones

Modern Art
Model: Egle Tvirbutaite
Photographer: Matthias Vriens-McGrath

The newstand cover is so bad, ew at all that lace, the cover has the opposite effect, not sexy! Sub's cover is much better. Emily is stunning, and classy, and deserves better.

Oh no it reminds me of some seasons ago with all the black lace. The pose is kinda trashy and her face isn't really into it. Shame.

I like the newsstand Cover I just wish she had a smile or something instead of not doing anything with her lips; but the other cover is bad

Black lace overload.:blink: But I like it.B:(blush: great to see Emily.

Taryn!:woot:

The newsstand cover is much better than the subscriber's cover. She looks very alluring on the cover with the lace.

the subscriber cover is horribleeeee!!! love the newsstand one :x what great cover choice

Emily looks fab on both covers and the preview pics, and despite not being a fan of bare legs with autumn / winter looks, I am not liking the hosiery featured here. Still everything looks quite good so far and I am looking forward to seeing more.

It feels great to hold a thick issue, all 370 pages to be exact. Taryn's editorial is the strongest, reminds me of Iselin's from Vogue Paris March 2010.
Also, if anyone hasn't bought Collections yet, I would advise you to get this issue, with the supplement. It's pretty much the same.
I find it more easier to look through and actually more enjoyable, even though Collections is terrific this season.

The subscribers cover is boring, too much hair. Really disliking the black and white, especially when there is the nice nude colour on the newsstand.
Regardless I think this is a good issue, plenty of new season ads to look through.

I've scanned some previews of the supplement:

*scans by vogue28

few previews:

She's Always A Woman
Model: Alana Kuznetsova
Photograpger: David Slijper

Brand New Retro
Model: Julia Hedstrom
Photographer: Karen Collins

Can You Feel It?
Model: Taryn Davdison
Photographer: Lee Broomfield
Fashion: Natalie Wansbrough-Jones

my scans (thanks for the text vogue28 :smile:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"