UK GQ March 2021 : Joe Biden by Christopher Anderson

Someone at UK Conde Nast must be an ardent Biden fan. UK GQ started doing pieces on him since November and then there was that coverline on a recent Vogue cover. Wonder if Tatler with their Candice Owens puff pieces will follow suit?
That said, I'm really shocked that they chose to give him a cover. I know it will strike up a lot of talking points but it just seems like such a blatant ploy to hop on the mania.

The image is from Magnum and naturally the writeup won't be based on an exclusive interview with him. I can't imagine he'd give his first magazine exclusive to a British magazine. I predict Vanity Fair will get it.
Don't like the image at all, not for GQ, and not on a wall in a museum. And the overall cover looks very Men's Vogue (they should reboot that magazine).

Despite being a reprint, the pictures are actually quite nice. The second one, in particular, has this feel of a Hollywood-produced film poster about well, the American president. But lol at the Supremacy description. Like, read the room.

So is this a reprint or not? What is the original source if so?

Very strange to see him so soon on a magazine and on a British cover before an American one.

BTW, the dude who photographed is the same guy who did Liya's Bazaar cover for Samira's debut issue, right?

Yes they're reprints, and old ones for that matter. The one with the airplane is from 2012 when he was vice president.

I was gonna say that's embarrassing, but then they dropped... this:

I was gonna say that's embarrassing, but then they dropped... this:

What's so embarrassing? It's how we view Americans, lol. The Bud's already there, all that's missing is a plate of fried chicken. Just kidding! ....or am I?

GQ Hype is a digital weekly much like The Edit. It's more a fun little weekly digest of news and some product placements so this cover is pretty much on brand for them. And anyway Joe is giving off that tough cowboy vibes shutting people up and threatening to bash others behind the gym, so as bad as the visuals and art direction looks, I'd say it's not that far off

Oh gosh ahaha so disrespectful and tacky indeed. Crazy coverline as well in these times and age especially!!! however the shot with the Starbucks coffee is fun ahah :D

Why do all the photos look like they photoshopped his head onto someone else's body & backdrop? I hope we can all please stop featuring politicians on fashion magazines altogether some time in the near future.

One question, Why is the American President on the cover of a British magazine? Are brits really that interested in him? I just see this as showing off. Whoop de doo you got the first cover of Biden, congratulations. :rolleyes:

Joe Biden, styled as a white gay man holding an ice coffee, is pure cringe. I wonder why people haven't done memes about it.

God, the Biden story is 18 pages long! A 6-page cover feature I get because US news is world news, but 18 pages?!?

UK GQ March 2021

The GQ Spring/Summer 2021 Collections

Photographer: James Anastasi
Stylist: Luke Day
Grooming: Josh Knight
Cast: Max Knott, Reece Nelson, Samer Rahma, Tyler Forbes, Oliver Derham, Jefferson Obuseri, Nic Minwoo, Yiorgos Paraskevas, Jordan Cooch, Stan Dickinson

UK GQ Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->