UK Harper’s Bazaar April 2018 : Lily James by Richard Phibbs

amby

Reaction score
Source @justinepicardie Instagram

28827412_10155535498638031_8024060547673422796_o.jpg

Oooh, this is a really cute cover, they nailed "British Spring" and Lily is adorable.

I'm not yet sure what to make of it, looks like she's on a movie set. It all looks too picture perfect and perhaps too rehearsed. Maybe my judgement is being clouded by the ghastly weather outside!

Photographed by Richard Phibbs
Styled by Miranda Almond
Hair by George Northwood
Make-up by Florrie White
Manicure by Michelle Humphrey

lily-james-newsstand-1520285765.jpg

harpersbazaar.com/uk

This is a thriving magazine at a time when others are closing down, so I can't really knock the formula. It's got a signature look and it's got a dedicated readership. It's usually beautifully made. I should just give in and enjoy it.

Imagine, one day they might do a non-British issue. They might focus on France. Maybe do Ireland. They'll probably save the announcement for April Fool's' Day.

British Bazaar is always depicting a beautiful life. A life I'd love to live, calm, filled with nature, far from the city noise. Forest walks, gardening, poetically cloudy skies. But still, when I see the theme recycled month after a month, year after a year, it feels painful. And funny how so few people bothered to come here and dicsuss the edition. No one is interested anymore.

I found it very twee at first glance, but liked it a lot more when I saw it in person today (and bought it). Vogue certainly wouldn't get away with it, but this is UK Bazaar's identity and somehow they make it work.

HER FINEST HOUR
Photographer: Richard Phibbs
Stylist: Miranda Almond
Hair: George Northwood
Make-Up: Florrie White
Model/Celebrity: Lily James

UK Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

Lily James (on the Cover) wears Erdem Spring 2018 RTW:

vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2018-ready-to-wear/erdem#collection

MONARCH OF THE GLEN
Photographer: Erik Madigan Heck
Stylist: Leith Clark
Hair: Seb Bascle
Make-Up: Andrew Gallimore
Model: Audrey Marnay

Cont.

ARM IN ARM
Photographer: Agata Pospieszynska
Stylist: Charlie Harrington
Hair: Paul Donovan
Make-Up: Ariel Yeh
Models: Agnes Abma, Mila Ganame & Alexis Sundman

Cont.

SHADOW DANCING
Photographer: Regan Cameron
Stylist: Miranda Almond
Hair: Federico Ghezzi
Make-Up: Sandra Cooke
Model: Ruby Aldridge

IN GOOD COMPANY
Photographer: Agata Pospieszynska
Stylist: Erdem Moralioglu
Hair: Paul Donovan
Make-Up: Anita Keeling
Models/Dancers: Tilly Wheating, Lauren Cuthbertson, Ryoichi Hirano, Yasmine Naghdi & Beatriz Stix-Brunell

I was a bit let down by this cover - normally I love British Bazaar, and I adore Lily James, but something about this cover just feels off. I can't wait to see the subscriber cover, however. Fingers crossed it's one of the Monarch of the Glen photos.

Arm In Arm is the best editorial here, because the rest has been done by them a million times.

British countryside starting celebrity - check
Erik Madigan Heck with Leith Clark hypercolor - check

Get rid of the formula.

I was a bit let down by this cover - normally I love British Bazaar, and I adore Lily James, but something about this cover just feels off. I can't wait to see the subscriber cover, however. Fingers crossed it's one of the Monarch of the Glen photos.

My subscription copy just arrived and the main subscribers cover is the third shot from Lily's cover story in #8. A red masthead like the newsstand one and not much else. As always, there's a series of limited covers for the issue (including a one with Audrey Marnay wearing Alexander McQueen, shot by Erik Madigan Heck).

After having a quick leaf through, the only highlight for me was a new Versace campaign image with Cara Taylor and Birgit Kos.

Terrible actress ( I still get angry everytime I think of her as Natasha :angry:) and the typical bland beauty that will guarantee her exposure in this type of context for at least a decade. This is all super bland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->