UK Harper’s Bazaar August 2021 : Molly Constable & Seynabou Cissé by Pamela Hanson

UK Harper's Bazaar August 2021

Body Beautiful

Photography: Pamela Hanson
Styling: Shibon Kennedy
Hair: Nikki Nelms
Makeup: Raisa Flowers
Models: Molly Constable, Zeyna Cissé

UK Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

Wish You Were Here...

Photography: Lynette Garland
Styling: Leith Clark
Hair: Daniel Martin
Makeup: Polly Osmond
Model: Natalie Ogg

Bazaar Style

Photography: Kristin Vicari
Styling: Tilly Wheating
Hair & Makeup: Nadia Altinbas
Model: Poppy Miles

I'm sorry to say but the swimsuits on the cover are really quite awful. For a summer cover?
In fact, the entire selection in the cover editorial is very high street. I know the magazine is for a woman of a certain age but honestly, this is just lazy and unimaginative.

There are brands in the North that do way better than what we see here. But I suppose they don't have the money to pay their way onto Harper's pages.

One for the bin before it's even arrived.

The content might as well be advertorials for Marks & Spencers for all the elegance or excitement they provide. Roll on the September issue, because at least the advent of autumn might bring back some decent fashion imagery.

I was going to say it looks like a vintage 'Glamour' magazine cir. 1987.
I actually like this but maybe for a different magazine.

Awful. Far better shots in that editorial that could have made a really striking cover.

I really wish magazines would read the room too. Most people will not need swimwear this year. The stores have taken the hint; the ranges are almost none existent.

Yes, and my favourite for the cover would have been a version of the first or second shot in the story.

But my subscription copy turned up with a full-length image extremely similar to the 'running' one (the eighth or so image), and maybe its the angle of the shot, but it looks like they've digitally stretched their legs to look longer. Sure, models are tall - but the hip-to-toe length seen on Seynabou is twice that of her upper body.

Some nice shots of the Amalfi Coast in the Travel section, and there's also a feature with Isabella Rossellini.

I thought it was nice to see a different type of body than your normal size 2 but unfortunately the content is a bit lackluster.

On one hand, I’m able to praise the magazine for moving in a different direction but the outcome is less than pleasing - especially when Pamela Hanson is involved. There's not even ONE redeeming or cover-worthy photograph which I could suggest as an alternative cover.

You can see there's zero hands-on involvement from the magazine's usual team. A real disappointment of a cover (and issue) this month, which pains me to admit because I've admired Bazaar for years. Guess we always have next month!

HQ Subscribers Cover:

SCAN BY VOGUE28

I don't like any image whatsoever that has been posted lol. NEXT!

They really have a hit a new low, haven't they? This cover is truly appalling, one of the worst I have ever seen to be honest. For a start, printed logo Vuitton bikinis, are they serious? On Harpers Bazaar UK? It's so vulgar, so hypebeast-y, I detest it.

I miss the aesthetic of the previous editor Justine Picardie, who had a real sense of style and vision for Harpers Bazaar. This new editor seems very much to be pandering to the masses, and losing her sense of integrity in the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->