UK Harper’s Bazaar January 2020 : Gemma Arterton by Richard Phibbs

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score

DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Happy for Gemma, but the shot is just unimpressive. Another forgettable and hazy cover just like Sophie's. Dress looks lovely though.

Also, I wish they'd stop releasing their covers through the Mail!

This partnership with the Daily Mail needs to stop. It really sends a bad message tbh.

Beautiful, but uneventful and forgettable.

When you take someone that beautiful & photogenic, and that is what you get, you seriously have no clue, at all!

This magazine certainly has a vision and its own aesthetic which is quite commendable in this day and age but it bores me to tears... Happy for Gemma though.

I wouldn't single out Harper's Bazaar as being in cahoots with the Daily Mail when they all do it - Daisy Ridley's GQ cover is up on the website today, where she's dressed in denim.

Lol its just the daily mail, its not like they're any better than other british media.

No one is indicating they’re any better I assure you. But they’re unequivocally one of the absolute worst.

Metro used to always get the breaking covers, they’d go into print in the issue and back in the day I used to snap them for the forums here. I’ve no idea if they still do break them in print first, but Metro is part of the Mail group now. Perhaps it’s a group wide agreement they get first airing of covers.

Lol its just the daily mail, its not like they're any better than other british media.

Any better? They are the worst of the worst, combined with The Sun.

Happy to see Gemma, unexpected as well!

Nice image, but this extra paleness is annoying!

It's just as bad on the newsstand - there's an interim editor now, and while it superficially resembles the Bazaar we know, the heart's gone out of it.

Completely forgot about this issue... which came through my door sometime early last week. The subscribers cover is a shot of Gemma wearing Christopher Kane, real nice, festive and wintry for a January cover and will scan at a later date.

Review - 195 Pages.

GUIDING STAR
Cover Star: Gemma Arterton
Photographer: Richard Phibbs
Stylist: Miranda Almond
9 Photos

CALEDONIA, BELOVED
Model: Sophia Ahrens
27 Photos

UK Harper's Bazaar January 2020

Guiding Star

Hair: Earl Simms
Makeup: Anita Keeling
Manicure: Sabrina Gayle
Cast: Gemma Arterton

UK Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

Caledonia Beloved

Hair: Bjorn Krischker
Makeup: Clare Read
Cast: Sophia Ahrens

Vibrant Knits

Photographer: Josh Shinner
Stylist: Florrie Thomas
Hair: Yoshi Miyazaki
Makeup: Victoria Bond
Manicure: Sabrina Gayle
Cast: Nora Uche

If the English were to commission a tourist brochure about Scotland without the creative team ever setting foot in the country (or caring much about it at all), it would resemble that 'Caledonia' editorial.

Sophia Ahrens is a beautiful, wholesome-looking girl but she just doesn't suit that edit imo. There's normally a sort of grace to these country women that missing here. The entire thing looks very staged, like an imposter to me. The type of edits you'll find in Elle Italia. There's no authenticity here.

Gemma styled int he same old way zzzZZZzzz.

The Scotland editorial should have landed the cover, to bad the model and styling are junk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->