UK Harper’s Bazaar July 2019 : Ashley Graham by Pamela Hanson

Ashley is great but everything about this cover is just... too basic.

DULLSVILLE, and so not their brand of English fairytale (which love or hate at least they have an identity unlike most magazines these days).

I really, really love this!

A joyous beachy summer cover? I’m in.

I like the colours, but the pose and expression is a bit silly. I know they had to move away from the Sports Illustrated appeal (cue to Tyra illustrating the difference between posing for men's and women's magazines - chest out, chest in, lol), but the end result doesn't appeal to me.
Why not play up to the retro-style swimsuit she's wearing? Will probably be a stretch for Ashley because she can only do sultry and herself, but it would at least be more in line with the Harper's aesthetic.

Ashley doing retro swimwear should be a gift to UK Bazaar, but they've made her look like a performing seal on the cover.

Although maybe they shot this on a British beach sometime back in March, in which case she's making an impressive effort to seem happy.

Terms and conditions: Readers please note that full body airbrushing does not come free with issue. Your results when wearing bikini in this pose may greatly vary from advertised.

Not to mention the one in a million face. But she's representing the average woman, dammit...

'SECRET SPELLS, POETIC PEARLS, INCANTATIONS AND ENCHANTMENT'????
Forget about the mediocre image, who even thinks up of this????

Always up for seeing Ashley Graham on the cover of British Harper’s Bazaar and at this rate, it’s nice to see her as much as we do Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.

Yet I cannot help but to feel underwhelmed this time around. The cover image, as joyous and refreshing as it is, looks awkward and... odd. I dislike the cropping and composition of it all, and particularly dislike the teal bikini on Ashley.

Fingers crossed the subscribers cover is far better!

There are a few more shots up at Daily Mail, it seems rather mediocre.

I suppose it's what happens when you're trying not to offend your audience - it's Ashley trying not to alienate her fans both past and present. Because if she slips up slightly in terms of portraying what people expect from her, she'll never hear the end of it, and that's no good when you're trying to make an empire.

are they trying to get foot fetishist to buy their magazine or something

No flowers involved with this cover, I like it :smile:

Stop it! Lol.

I've now seen the Mail images and my God. It seems she's the girl-next-door of plus-size models, while Crystal and Paloma are afforded all the creative freedom. I suppose this is what happens when you build such a defined brand. While I still think Ashley x Justine is such an odd pairing, it is great however that Justine has her own models who she's backing.

All said and done, Pamela Hansen needs to rethink this return of hers. I've not been impressed with anything so far.

Both of those covers are definitely not groundbreaking. The newsstand cover is okay.

What’s bothering me in that subscriber’s cover is the swimsuit of choice. Why on earth did they decide to put Ashley, a model known for her curves, on a swimsuit that has been designed by a fat-shaming duo?

I just don’t understand why people still support problematic people and brands like Dolce e Gabbana.

What is this lacklustre token manifesto of a summer cover story? Retro pin-ups were glamour girls. Bazaar is also about elegance. A well-off, older readership is not interested in natural style unless it looks expensive. I could have hair like that every morning if I wanted to, but I don't.

This cover shows that this magazine is a bit of a one trick pony. They seem to fall into mediocrity once they go far away from the posh estate and garden.

These are awful. How on earth did those poses make it to a cover? What a waste of Ashley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->