UK Harper’s Bazaar March 2024 : Maisie Williams by Agata Pospieszynska

In love with this :heart: the best she's ever looked probably, imo.

Perfectly on-brand and very visually appealing. This is certainly Maisie's best look in print yet!

Samira's best cover too. Seems Twiggy it's a trend this season.

Sorry! I didn't read well. It's the British one. Now get where this come from.

This cover will look beautiful on the store shelves!

No print subscription copy yet, just flicking through it online. 254 pages. Contents page shows only one cover option, no alt covers for London events.

The cover shot seems to be the best image from the story. other main fashion edits include POWER HOUR by Agata P with Sarah Hart, Mame and Jamilla Hoogenboom, HELL FOR LEATHER by Jem Mitchell with Nyarach Ayuel, and ENCHANTED KINGDOM by Erik Madigan Heck with Julia Hafstrom.

VALOUR, À LA MODE
Photography:
Agata Pospieszynska
Styling: Charlie Harrington
Hair: Ben Talbott
Make-up: Bari Khaliqueat
Model/Celebrity: Maisie Williams

P.S. In case you (by any chance) aren't familiar, in the new Apple TV+ biopic "The New Look" (premiere date Wednesday, February 14th; see the spoiler below), Maisie Williams plays Christian Dior's sister, Catherine.

A gripping new historical drama series from Todd A. Kessler, starring Emmy Award winner Ben Mendelsohn as Christian Dior and Academy Award winner Juliette Binoche as Coco Chanel. Inspired by true events and filmed exclusively in Paris, "The New Look" tells the story of how fashion designers Christian Dior, Coco Chanel and their contemporaries navigated the horrors of World War II and launched modern fashion. The 10-episode drama series will make its global debut with the first three episodes on Wednesday, February 14, 2024, on Apple TV+, followed by one episode every Wednesday through April 3.

Set against the World War II Nazi occupation of Paris, "The New Look" focuses on the pivotal moment in the 20th century when the French city led the world back to life through its fashion icon Christian Dior. As Dior rises to prominence with his groundbreaking, iconic imprint on beauty and fashion, Chanel's reign as the world's most famous fashion designer is put into jeopardy. The interwoven saga follows the surprising stories of Dior's contemporaries and rivals, from Chanel to Pierre Balmain, Cristóbal Balenciaga and more, and provides a stunning view into the atelier, designs and clothing created by Dior through collaboration with the House of Dior. In addition to Mendelsohn and Binoche, "The New Look" ensemble cast is led by Maisie Williams as Catherine Dior, John Malkovich as Lucien Lelong, Emily Mortimer as Elsa Lombardi, Claes Bang as Spatz, and Glenn Close as Carmel Snow.

"The New Look" is produced by Apple Studios and DB-AK Productions, and is written, executive produced and directed by Kessler. Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Mark Baker also serve as executive producers.

UK Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition; apple.com

Last edited:
POWER HOUR
Photography:
Agata Pospieszynska
Styling: Charlie Harrington
Hair: Maarit Niemela
Make-up: Natsumi Narita
Models: Sarah Hart, Mame Thiane Camara & Jamilla Hoogenboom

UK Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

HELL FOR LEATHER
Photography:
Jem Mitchell
Styling: Miranda Almond
Hair: Tyler Johnston
Make-up: Nicola Brittin
Model: Nyarach Ayuel

UK Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

I've had my subscription copy for several days now - and the cover remains exquisite. It's a beautiful shot that feels like the start of spring, where you can have snow on the ground but also the green shoots of everything starting to grow again.

Also, it's something different for Maisie. If one of the things we want from fashion magazines is to make us see things differently, then they've succeeded with the cover shot.

Always love when British Harper's Bazaar serve us these regal, elegant and poised cover images. The cover shot itself is flawless, love the colouring, the laced Christian Dior dress and even the lily used as a prop. Also have to give a shoutout to the art direction which complements the image beautifully...

I don't find her attractive at all, but this is the best I've ever seen her look. Beautiful cover.

Maisie will make a very convincing Bette Davis when she's older! She looks so gorgeous here, easily her best cover yet. I think magazines are wary of booking her because she's not conventionally pretty.

I see Justine wrote the story. I find that interesting because looking at the cover and content it's as though she never really left. Her signature is still all over this magazine and I'm 99% sure it's because her tenure was both successful and profitable. This is what happens when you have a point of view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->