UK Harper’s Bazaar September 2019 : Natalie Portman by Pamela Hanson

Beautiful as expected.

Same concept as expected.

Same old same old.

It almost feels like a Richard Avedon 80s Vogue cover. I like it.

Red lipstick on a beautiful woman is a classic recipe - but also it feels like a direct reproduction of her Rouge Dior ads. There's probably a Dior make-up ad on the back page or somewhere inside where she looks exactly the same.

I don't mind her being a head-to-toe spokesmodel for the brand, but for me, this cover feels a bit like those local magazines that reprint actual campaign images as their covers.

That said - still beautiful, still buying. All the times I've complained about weird angles and strange ideas on covers, and I get a traditional shot instead and I still find something to say.

Definitely an accessible cover, but maybe too accessible. For a quiet autumn month? Perfect. But it's a bit underwhelming for a September cover. I'm sure if Justine knew how disappointing Vogue's cover will be she would've amped up on the glitz.

Tatler is still ahead of the pack so far.

Natalie Portman? Check.
Red Lips? Check
Nothing unique, but it never gets old.

It will include Carine’s editorial?

It always does. It's where we get our first look of that collection because the US edition will publish weeks later.
Speaking of Carine, she's been oddly quiet considering how much she loves the press. Normally she does some promo ahead of the edit, but nothing this time. Or maybe her edit will appear on the cover of the US edition again, and she's waiting when they're ready to release.

It always does. It's where we get our first look of that collection because the US edition will publish weeks later.
Speaking of Carine, she's been oddly quiet considering how much she loves the press. Normally she does some promo ahead of the edit, but nothing this time. Or maybe her edit will appear on the cover of the US edition again, and she's waiting when they're ready to release.

She is so into building her brand and « securing her bag » that I almost forgot she did this. She is so lazy lately that I don’t expect anything great from it...

Instant love at the first sight over this (especially following those dire covers for August).

You'll never hear me complaining over the sight of a gorgeous Natalie Portman on the cover of a fashion magazine, looking radiant and poised in a straight-forward and glamorous September cover. I am all for the closeup shot, the warm colouring, the makeup and red Bazaar masthead.

Bring back Rosie please. For years I’ve said how much I love Natalie but then I realized I don’t. I think she’s beautiful but boring AF.

I might not be interested in this, but at least this cover fulfilled some standards. Can't say the same about British Vogue's September cover.

Natalie Portman photographed by Pamela Hanson, styled by Leith Clark:

HARPERSBAZAAR.CO.UK

Leith styled this? Phew, I'm sure she pulled this off in her sleep. It's simply forgettable.
And I'm also going to need Pamela Hanson to shape up or ship out. I've not gotten much a statement from her recent work.

Very classic but beautiful. In times when so magazines seem to be trying too hard, I love something a bit understated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->