UK Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

UK Harper's Bazaar September 2020

10 Things We Love

Photographer: Sam Copeland
Stylist: Rosie Arkell-Palmer
Hair: Shukeel Murtaza
Cast: Jordan Rand

UK Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

Didn't they use that Prada shirt twice...with these September issues I might as well spend my money on hand sanitizer.

Flicking through this online, it’s a very disappointing September issue. There’s nothing in this issue that’s worth it - it’s not even doing what UK Bazaar does well. There are no colour-saturated landscapes or posh houses, and the lead editorial is mundane fashion on a level with UK Marie Claire.

The articles aren’t too numerous this issue either. Kirsty Hume on the beach fronts the health/beauty section, and California is the focus of the short Travel section.

I simply cannot believe that they've done a 50-page editorial that ended up looking so dull. They used to do it for August, whereas September was always about variety. A dreamy, fairytale Leith Clark main edit, something set in the streets of London shot by Regan Cameron, a similarly themed story to Daisy's, and Carine's seasonal edit just to mix things up. Believe it or not, that recipe actually worked. September was the most 'diverse' issue.

For all the complaints at Justine's tenure, who can say, hand on your heart, that this is better? I wish Hearst would appoint someone in the coming weeks while Harper's still have a somewhat sizeable budget! Raze the aesthetic to the ground and bring in someone new because this shoddy sort of 'going through the motions' type of editing is only alienating existing readers. I've certainly lost interest in this edition months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->