UK Harper's Bazaar April 2010 : Megan Fox by Paola Kudacki

I just don't get all the hating.

Sure she's not a model, but really is she that far from it?

Sure, she's the girl from transformers, but so what. Davon Aoki did that God awful movie 2 Fast 2 Furious for pete's sake. But everyone loves her still.

What really is that bad about her. She's really beautiful and Bazaar are extremely discerning. They're not going to run a feature interview and cover with her if she wasn't an interesting/saleable and/or controversial person. All this gossip works - it makes people buy the magazine to read the interview to see why she's on the cover - Get it? No mag sales not mag.

This whole - she's not a model she shouldn't be on covers is so passe.

devon is a great model, with interesting personality and great style.
megan had what 5,6 plastic surgeries, she is not a model and she is not an actress she is just a wannabe. there is nothing authentic about her. yes, she saleable, but thats only cos she has great plastic boobs and nice ****.
shes no better than paris hilton...
i dont know whats wrong with people today, but stupid, useless women are taking over the world... only cos they had good plastic surgeons...

megan had what 5,6 plastic surgeries, she is not a model and she is not an actress she is just a wannabe. there is nothing authentic about her. yes, she saleable, but thats only cos she has great plastic boobs and nice ****.
i dont know whats wrong with people today, but stupid, useless women are taking over the world... only cos they had good plastic surgeons...

Very true -Devon is an extemely rare gem indeed. But interestingly enough, your description above, of Megan, is a good enough description of a normal person aspiring to have something more than a normal life. What is wrong with that? I am a normal woman with normal looks striving for a non-normal life and I'm probably the same as the average reader of Harper's Bazaar or any other aspirational magazine for that matter.

So what should I do - look at a cover of a magazine with a 18 year old naturally born goddess, and just wish I was born like her? No. Sorry. Where's the strength in that? It takes more a stupid, useless woman, as you say, to sit there and shut up and wish I was someone else.

Aspiration is the foundation of this industry.

Now I could be saying this and then eat all my words, and i'll reserve all judgment till I read the article as I've never seen her movies or read an interview of her. She's never really appealed to me enough to want to find out more about her, but her continued success in a short period of time suggests there's something about her.

What I can tell you, is that your description of "what's wrong with people today' pretty much fits your and everyone elses hatred of a person you don't even know. So you tell me...what is wrong with the world today that makes someone hate a normal looking person with normal (or probably much more than normal) talent having success in the world - is it jealousy?

Hating someone says more about yourself than anything.

Find a way or make one. Peace out b*tches, it really aint that bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Megan"
Photographer: Paola Kudacki
Styling: Sophia Neophitou-Apostolou
Model: Megan Fox

scanned in by me

The fifth shot with Megan wearing Donna Karen, is very Jessica Miller by Inez & Vinoodh.

So you tell me...what is wrong with the world today that makes someone hate a normal looking person with normal (or probably much more than normal) talent having success in the world - is it jealousy?

im not the jealous type...i dont hate megan, i hate that someone like her is that popular....plus, as i said, she is plastic, and i don't care for plastic... it is wrong to put non natural beauties,its women like her who make 14 yrs old girls having boob jobs, lip implants and whatever else they do... that is whats bothering me.... and the fact that she is famous for being famous...
shes not Naomi Campbell or BB or MM so that any woman could have reason to be jealous....

in my opinion, a beautiful girl is everything but an usual-looking girl, and that's why i can't like when celebrities are put on fashion mags covers, for when i buy a fashion magazine that's accurately to see a girl whose beauty and presence are peculiar, and not just a quite good-looking woman, but basically common. fashion is my way to flee off the reality, and when i gaze at that cover, i can see a woman i could stumble upon in my supermarket or anywhere else. seriously, she is certainly more beautiful than the average, but she doesn't deliver that special and undescribable thing as most of the models do.

They killed all of Fox's distinctive facial features in that ed. How disappointing since the shots are a lot more interesting that the W catalogue ed.

I'm not too fussy about what aspirational values certain female celebrities embody (plasticky, objectification, whatever) since models don't tend to represent better, morally speaking. Same deification of youth and other things we dare not mention except in the appropriate threads or not at all. Fashion fans and celebrity fans simply have their different set of vices they're willing to tolerate.

After a pretty great March issue this one's a bit of a let down I feel. It's not a particularly strong issue editorial wise, I found myself just flicking through them. The one shot of Natalia is beautiful however.

Quote from M.J
i sooooo agree with u!i'm so tired to hear everybody talking about "megan fox beauty"..she's a masterpiece of surgery!

F*ck the hating,

I personally think that HB has done FAR worse with even more horrible covers and even worse cover choices. At least Megan makes an aesthetically pleasing editorial, surgery or not.

Plus - Devon's looks never did anything for me anyway, so different strokes for different folks.

At the end of the day, Megan Fox covers sell - so of course she's going to get covers. She doesn't even need to try hard, I'll bet the magazines are the ones chasing her up. :rolleyes:

I seriously think that at some point, tfs readers need to get off their high horse and their highbrow fashion snobbery. You'd have thought that Alexa Chung on UK Vogue, or the endless actresses (most of them mediocre or irrelevant) on US Vogue, or (good lord) Paris Hilton on Vogue Paris, would have desensitised us somewhat.

Basically in this age, almost all mags, and most particularly the big ones, are going commercial to get sales and to stay alive. We may as well appreciate the fact that some of them can continue to produce aesthetically pleasing editorials regardless of who it is.

Beautiful cover, but i'm so tired to see Fox for any fashion magazine.

I love the second shot in her ed! Very beautiful

love megan's editorial. can not wait to receive this issue now is it not out today for subs.?

Vogue28 scanned in his Sub Cover earlier in the week, and mine arrived on Wednesday. So most subscriber's should have it by now.

Glamour To Go
Ph: Andrea Spotorno
M: Ragnhild Jevne S: Sophia Neophitou-Apostolou

MY SCANS (NOTE: NOT COMPLETE)

Definitely an error in judgement to have her on the cover...her type is so passe.

I bought this issue today, I couldn't even look inside because it comes wrapped with what looks like a plastic surgery supplement, no doubt to make it seem better value, as this issue feels a little on the small side in comparison to other magazines out at the moment (it's 244 pgs).

Yes, the supplement is a 16 pg promotion for a new health clinic in London, designed in the Bazaar style.

Along with the usual fashion layouts at the front of the magazine, there are little features on Nadja Auermann's fashion picks; super-boutiques; an interview with Erdem; a 6 pg Dior advertorial promoting its clothes and cosmetics; a look at David LaChapelle's latest work; Vincent Kartheiser; the Swinging Sixties... then we're into the editorials.

The features amid the editorials include Boy's Own Story, about actor Aaron Johnson, the partner of artist Sam Taylor-Wood. Then there's Love & Money, an interview with Arki Busson, that guy who wouldn't marry Elle Macpherson and is currently messing about with Uma Thurman. Azzedine Alaia's feature is cruelly entitled The Height of Fashion, but if he really minded, he wouldn't keep posing alongside goddesses like Yasmin Le Bon and his enormous St Bernard dog, Didine.

The health section looks at long-term addition to medicines, while the beauty pages belong to four models listing their favourite tips and products (Natalia Vodianova, helena Christensen, Liberty Ross and Catherine Bailey). The travel section looks at the Maldives, while the social section covers a gala dinner for Victoria Beckham's dress collection. Claudia Schiffer gives us some thoughts on the Why Don't You...? section.

There's something missing from the overall design this month, its not as sharp as usual. It feels like a disposable issue, rather than something to keep.

May issue goes on sale 1 April, with 44 pg beauty supplement.

I liked the little liberty magazine that came with it but well the plastic surgery stuff is not really in my interest :P

I bought this issue today, I couldn't even look inside because it comes wrapped with what looks like a plastic surgery supplement, no doubt to make it seem better value, as this issue feels a little on the small side in comparison to other magazines out at the moment (it's 244 pgs).

Yes, the supplement is a 16 pg promotion for a new health clinic in London, designed in the Bazaar style.

Along with the usual fashion layouts at the front of the magazine, there are little features on Nadja Auermann's fashion picks; super-boutiques; an interview with Erdem; a 6 pg Dior advertorial promoting its clothes and cosmetics; a look at David LaChapelle's latest work; Vincent Kartheiser; the Swinging Sixties... then we're into the editorials.

The features amid the editorials include Boy's Own Story, about actor Aaron Johnson, the partner of artist Sam Taylor-Wood. Then there's Love & Money, an interview with Arki Busson, that guy who wouldn't marry Elle Macpherson and is currently messing about with Uma Thurman. Azzedine Alaia's feature is cruelly entitled The Height of Fashion, but if he really minded, he wouldn't keep posing alongside goddesses like Yasmin Le Bon and his enormous St Bernard dog, Didine.

The health section looks at long-term addition to medicines, while the beauty pages belong to four models listing their favourite tips and products (Natalia Vodianova, helena Christensen, Liberty Ross and Catherine Bailey). The travel section looks at the Maldives, while the social section covers a gala dinner for Victoria Beckham's dress collection. Claudia Schiffer gives us some thoughts on the Why Don't You...? section.

There's something missing from the overall design this month, its not as sharp as usual. It feels like a disposable issue, rather than something to keep.

May issue goes on sale 1 April, with 44 pg beauty supplement.

:shock: I....eh...don't know what to say. Is that irony? Given the cover and all...? How horrible, I thought this was my new Magazine Messiah :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->