UK Harper's Bazaar July 2016 : Emilia Clarke by David Slijper

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Subscribers cover below with the newsstand cover to be revealed tomorrow:

Whatever she's wearing looks really lovely on her, but there's something very odd about the pose. They always seem to capture her at the most awkward moment. Love the fresh colours and summery setting!

I feel like I've seen this type of cover a million times... I agree with Benn98, the colors are nice but this is too empty. I would have preferred a more relaxed pose.
Summer doesn't mean beach or sea, I wish magazines would be more inspired and creative on that point. Hopefully the newsstand cover will deliver.
Emilia looks beautiful though:blush:

I thought I was looking at a US Harper's Bazaar subs cover. They could have done a lot of better things with her and her beauty. This is a safe take on her.

Hope the main cover is a lot better

I so want a magazine to do her incredible beauty justice but it always just seems to fall flat for me. I like what they were going for here but her pose looks like the wind was cold but she's trying to still make us all believe she's baking in the mid day sun.

I don't like it at all. She doesn't look pretty. Weird pose and her face doesn't look nice as well.

It reminds me of her Wall Street Journal Mag, except not styled as well.

I actually like the cover :ninja: Sure, the pose isn't the most natural one and I dislike the styling but I never get tired of having sea as a background and she looks miles better than what other have done with her in the past.

Better the beach than yet another country house garden.

I like it a lot.
It's very dynamic.

The mood is here, but it doesn't really work. Maybe the angle, could have been better.

I so want a magazine to do her incredible beauty justice but it always just seems to fall flat for me. I like what they were going for here but her pose looks like the wind was cold but she's trying to still make us all believe she's baking in the mid day sun.

Looks like we have another Kerry Washington situation on our hands - captivating everywhere except in print. I cannot get over the outfit. It's so simple yet beautiful. Doesn't even look like she's styled.

What a let down! This does not work, so awkward!! There are better paparazzi photos of her than this, why chose this angle?!!!

OMG, i did laugh a little. This is tragic. They should've photoshopped a dragon in the sky to take away from the awkward pose.

Her smile is the only good thing happening.
The dress looks frumpy, maybe because she's slumped over.
Forgettable.

I agree with Benn98 "...captivating everywhere except in print."

Can't say I'm jumping up and down at the sight of this either. I thought Emilia's shoot would resemble Kristen Stewart's from June 2015, when I saw the styling in the candids, and with the exact same location of Malibu beach. Kristen's was far better, as it turns out. Nonetheless, I'm optimistic to see the newsstand cover tomorrow!

What a bad cover of the subscriber's, is very bland & hope than the newsstand will be better.

Things are looking up a little... I actually quite like the newsstand cover I think.

Harper's Bazaar.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nymphfable
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->