UK Harper's Bazaar July/August 2022 : Birgit Kos by Yulia Gorbachenko

Not bad. But it don’t like her hair colour.

Pretty but very generic. Looks like a reprint.

Beautiful and quite nostalgic. I also like that they are not stingy with regard to their cover blurbs.

Birgit looks stunning! It's very Bazaar. I like it!

Looks like HB Russia or any of these editions from HB worldwide thread.
In time when Vogue committed suicide, other magazines editors not even trying to use this in their favor
I don’t understand this either haha if I was one of the many unemployed/neglected good editors out there, I’d be jumping like a hawk on the vacancy left by Vogue Paris and launching my unapologetically ‘sensual-but-raunchy-too’ magazine lol..

Guess they were all.. followers after all.

Just like Grace, Birgit has this timeless beauty that transcends her one dimensional peers. She's a great fit for both commercial and high fashion work and it's such a delight to see such beauty and skill isn't completely extinct.

I love the cover! Perfect for the summer and I'm glad to see British Bazaar move from its gardens to the beach this very hot month.

I'm on the fence with the cover but somehow remain hopeful there will be some nice editorial outtakes.

There's no way that cover would entice me to spend £5.25 on this issue, it's the type of nondescript cover put out by magazines during those periods when they've lost direction, but I seem to remember a swimsuit cover coming out last year which wasn't great and didn't seem at all like UK Bazaar; perhaps the magazine just doesn't do summer.

And please, no more reprinted content from the American version.

LAZY SUNDAY AFTERNOONS
Photography:
Josh Shinner
Styling: Cathy Kasterine
Hair: Yoshitaka Miyazaki
Make-up: Natsumi Narita
Model: Anna de Rijk

UK Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

DRIFTWOOD & DAYDREAMS
Photography:
Agata Pospieszynska
Styling: Charlie Harrington
Hair: Declan Shiels
Make-up: Natsumi Narita
Model: Georgina Grenville

UK Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

I like the outdoors/beachy settings for all three editorials+cover, the last shot with Georgina and the rope ladder looks interesting but somehow the outfit looks off with it?

:( IMGBOX no longer works here in the Ph. Been having trouble seeing uploads.

Looking through my subscription copy, it's 178 pgs, no special supplements. Inside, the art direction remains the same, despite the editorials looking like they're lifted from Red magazine, even down to the models in the stories (like Georgina Grenville).

If you've ever looked at Red magazine, they're fond of featuring models that you would recognise from having 'a moment' at some point in time, but you don't hear about so much any more - although that certainly doesn't prevent them from still being good models, no matter the year in which they're working. You're talking Caroline Winberg, or Yfke or Dewi Driegen. Although it used to be, Red would have two or three fashion editorials in each issue featuring the model, but these days, it seems they've reduced the editorial content down to one fashion shoot which also ends up providing the cover shot.

Anyhow, back to this issue of UK Bazaar...

My Life, My Style features Leah Chapman's west London home, and there's a 'fearless female icons' feature with profiles of Dina Asher-Smith, Stella Creasy, the woman of Dattalion (Ukrainian anti-disinformation) and Sabrina Cohen-Hatton.

The Angelina Jolie article is promotional material for Guerlain. She's the face of one of their perfumes and the brand's symbol is a bee, so you end up with Angelina being sent to Cambodia in connection with a campaign to save honeybees. Then there's an article by Juliet Nicholson about TS Eliot. The beauty section brings us the news that Dries Van Noten is launching beauty products and perfumes. The travel section goes to Madeira.

Given this is the Jul-Aug issue, it's going to be a long wait for the next issue, which should bring some proper fashion and autumn-tinged content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->