UK Harper's Bazaar June 2010 : Cheryl Cole by Alexi Lubomirski

[Piece Of Me];7125353 said:
And she isn't a singer because? Ofcourse, she's not the best singer out there. I'm a massive Cheryl fan but I'll be the first one to admit that her voice isn't that strong. But she's still a singer. And she's an amazing dancer aswell. Have you ever seen one of her live performances?

I'm glad to see her on the cover, she looks absolutely amazing.

I didn't day she wasn't a singer. I said "she isn't a singer, songwriter, actress, dancer or model of any real note or skill". IMO, she won't go down in the history books for her dancing or singing skills (e.g. she's no Margot Fonteyn, she simply does regular pop music dancing as seen in many a music video). She has neither the voice, nor the song writing ability; it's just regular, rubbish, disposable pop music, although I admit I'm a total music snob.

I do admit she looks nice on the cover, but I still don't want to see her on there, for the above mentioned reasons.

Quite disappointed with the subscriber's cover. The newsstand is much softer and stronger.
Both Elle and Bazaar have disappointed me with their subscriber's cover, this month.

Surprised I didn't find this in the mail today, it's arrived on the saturday before bank holiday for the past two years.

So wait. Who?

The newsstands cover shot is lovely, but at the same time amounts to precisely and absolutely nothing new, which is a little disappointing after so many interesting recent UK Bazaar cover stars and -shots (especially last year), while the subscriber's cover really reminds me a lot of Kate Moss's September '08 cover for Interview. Not particularly impressive in either respect.

I love it even though it's a celebrity cover! Again, Cheryl looks fabulous. But I prefer the Newsstands cover more. The subs cover looks a bit weird

really wonderful !!! i looove her she's so sexy, gorgeous and classy in the same time !

I prefer the newstand cover- deff gonna be picking this one up. Cheryl just looks so lovely.

Cheryl Cole by Alexi Lubomirski

*fashiongonerogue.com

really wonderful !!! i looove her she's so sexy, gorgeous and classy in the same time !

:lol::flower:

Can't stand this woman, there is not a vestige of talent in her.

But the cover does look really good, but i'm not surprised, playing pretty got her where she is.

HQ Subscriber's:

*scan by vogue28

Review:

Cheryl
Model/Celeb: Cheryl Cole
Photographer: Alexi Lubomirski
Fashion: Sophia Neophitou-Apostolo

Heat Seeker
Model: Carmen Kass
Photographer: Mark Pillai
Fashion: Vanessa Coyle

On The Road
Model: Kim Noorda
Photographer: Laurie Bartley
Fashion: Mattias Karlsson

my kind of all-time disappointment with bazaar is the ridiculous number of edits per issue...
besides that, i'm pretty curious of seeing kim's ed. cheryl's one is rather average, i mean, there's nothing particularly horrid about it, yet nothing worthwile either. it's just... tolerable.
thanks for the scans and review!

I'm interested in seeing the Kim Noorda editorial. Glad to see her still getting work.

Cheryl's "interview" is ridiculous. It doesn't even fill half of one page. There can't be more than 500 words there, if that! What is there is basically waffle. They don't seem to have even actually spoken to her?

Very weird that there isn't a proper interview to accompany the pictures.

Yes, when they can't get a direct interview, normally a magazine gets someone to write an analysis of their celebrity or a 'story so far', but to say so little...

Has anyone seen Carmen's ed yet? Hope it's good. Cannot wait to see!

I didn't day she wasn't a singer. I said "she isn't a singer, songwriter, actress, dancer or model of any real note or skill". IMO, she won't go down in the history books for her dancing or singing skills (e.g. she's no Margot Fonteyn, she simply does regular pop music dancing as seen in many a music video). She has neither the voice, nor the song writing ability; it's just regular, rubbish, disposable pop music, although I admit I'm a total music snob.

I do admit she looks nice on the cover, but I still don't want to see her on there, for the above mentioned reasons.

there is a rumour that her 'marriage' to ashley cole was a pr stunt after her racist court trial, to get fans to buy girls aloud. apparently... ashley doesn't like girls... and the 'in bed' photos were another pr hoax to call time on the 'marriage'.

Previews:

Heat Seeker
Model: Carmen Kass
Photographer: Mark Pillai
Fashion: Vanessa Coyle

On The Road
Model: Kim Noorda
Photographer: Laurie Bartley
Fashion: Mattias Karlsson

*scans by vogue28

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]UK Harper's Bazaar June 2010[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Heat Seeker[/FONT]