UK Harper's Bazaar May 2018 by Agata Pospieszynska

amby

Reaction score
This is the subscriber cover.

Source @bazaaruk Instagram

29683353_10155612929808031_8039429316793590990_n.jpg

Stunning! So dreamy, yet with a distinct summer mood. Wonder if the model also got the main cover. I'm assuming it's a model because I've never heard of her.

Review - 218 Pages.

THE ART OF BEAUTY
Models: Shanelle Nyasiase, Loane Normand, Ellen Rosa, Hoyeon Jung, Ina Jensen, Wayne Booth & He Jing
Photographer: Alexandra von Fuerst
Stylist: Carine Roitfeld
15 Photos

YOUNG HEARTS YOUNG FREE
Models: Alderney Street, Bianca Redmerski, Bibi Abdulkadir, Charlotte Lindvig & Saska Ingham
Photographer: Agata Pospieszynska
Stylist: Charlie Harrington
14 Photos

LOVE IN A WARM CLIMATE
Model: Alanna Arrington
Photographer: Michelangelo Di Battista
Stylist: Miranda Almond
11 Photos

The newsstand cover is indeed from the Agata Pospieszynska story, with models Bibi, Saska and Charlotte in the cover shot.

^Thank you for the review. :heart:

Quite like the cover, I want to see more.

Newsstand cover: Bibi Abdulkadir, Charlotte Lindvig and Saska Ingham by Agata Pospieszynska

Source @bazaaruk Instagram

29749336_10155617233228031_1915896841066110073_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like both covers but the newsstand´s is just so dreamy and interesting, I´m glad they took a chance on that image :smile:

Edward’s diversity issue is SHAKING!

This is exactly my point! A diverse cover without having to use it as a selling point. Bridal Issue, plain and simple.

Just effing beautiful

^but you´ll also find people saying that the black girl is an accessory to the white girls (like many times in the past, in these forums)...

^but you´ll also find people saying that the black girl is an accessory to the white girls (like many times in the past, in these forums)...

But this edition followed a multi-racial casting approach before it was bandied about as the phrase du jour. And they don't use it as their selling point or fold it into their mission statement like you know who.....

^ Seriously? I have a digital subscription, and with each issue i get to loathe this magazine more! (got it cheap so i still check it out, usually only once, never to revisit it again!) First of all it is full of lily white faces, usually no diversity. This cover spread has FOUR bland white models, and only 1 WOC, and we should somehow congratulate them? At least gorgeous Alanna has an ed of her own, something that happens seldom.

But Edward has employed more diversity in only 6 issues (so far) than they have done in decades. If anything Bazaar seems so freaking dated to me, like they are stuck at some god forsaken country tea party, which would make me feel more like a hostage than a guest, wanting to take my eyes out with the fork from sheer boredom.

And for gods sake can Picardie stop with her nostalgia pages, and Chanel obsession?!

These covers are so clueless to me, they try so hard at making "effortless" images, but it's never that, just insipid covers that are not even part of the conversation. They might sell well (for them), but they are nowhere near in the league of Vogue, so i doubt anyone is shaking in their boots over issues like this.

Newsstand cover looks nice on the shelves. It’s also packaged with a 14ml spray of Miller Harris’ Rose perfume, which is actually a fairly decent gift. Haven’t seen Miller Harris be included as a GWP before.

If anything Bazaar seems so freaking dated to me, like they are stuck at some god forsaken country tea party

When it comes to diversity, I wonder most what Tatler will do, given the demographics of its readership.

YOUNG HEARTS RUN FREE
Photographer: Agata Pospieszynska
Stylist: Charlie Harrington
Hair: Kota Suizu
Make-Up: Polly Osmond
Models: Bianca Redmerski, Bibi Abdulkadir, Charlotte Lindvig & Saska Ingham

UK Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

Cont.

ART OF BEAUTY (Global Ed)
Photographer: Alexandra von Fuerst
Stylist: Carine Roitfeld
Hair: Olivier Schawalder
Make-Up: Kanako Takase
Models: Shanelle Nyasiase, Loane Normand, Ellen Rosa, Hoyeon Jung, Ina Jensen, Wayne Booth & He Jing

LOVE IN A WARM CLIMATE
Photographer: Michelangelo Di Battista
Stylist: Miranda Almond
Hair: Roku Roppongi
Make-Up: Lotten Holmqvist
Model: Alanna Arrington

PASTELS
Photographer: Lara Jade
Stylist: Florrie Thomas
Hair: Shukeel Murtaza
Make-Up: Caroline Barnes
Model: Hanna Verhees

Despite everything showcased here being more or less the same old from British Harper's Bazaar, you cannot NOT applaud Justine Picardie for putting out a newsstand cover with an unconventional, bold and visually-appealing cover shot like this. Nice one, Justine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pappagallo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->