vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Subscribers Cover:

Bazaar_043-1.jpg

HQ:

SCANS BY VOGUE28

I hope they're only trying this art direction for subscribers, and not for the newsstand issues. It looks odd, not like a cover at all. As for the image, it should work but I'm distracted by the dress which could be ironed, and the frayed hair. But congrats to Agata for her first celebrity cover for British Harper's.

Thanks for posting, Vogue28! :wink:

Whoever decided this layout needs to take a long break and reconsider things. This is a disaster. That doesn't look like a cover. It looks like those mini Bazaar ads that you see online with the "Subscribe Now" icon. Tragic. Lost.

This is what you look like when you ran out of fresh ideas. What's next? An inverted logo?

I don't hate it as much as the above at all. It's nice image and Rachel looks beautiful, although at first glance it give me Keira vibes. I wish the logo had been further down the page, sitting in the middle looks a little odd, but I don't particularly hate that they've turned it on its side personally.

I like that they always have "unconventional" ideas for subs´ covers. I hope that the newsstands´ maintains a level of whimsy.

I quite like it, although it looks less like a cover and more a of picture in the ed. Congrats to Agata, this is a big deal for her.
Can't wait to see the newsstand cover.

I don't hate it as much as the above at all. It's nice image and Rachel looks beautiful, although at first glance it give me Keira vibes. I wish the logo had been further down the page, sitting in the middle looks a little odd, but I don't particularly hate that they've turned it on its side personally.
yes, at first glance it looks like Keira and both of them look a like actually. The masthead placement looks weird for me. It looks like a cover of romance novel lol

I love the styling, the hair and the makeup - the newsstand cover should look nice too. Dear Vogue28, have you seen the cover image in the credits, what's it like? :flower:

^Sure! The newsstand cover is a full-length shot of Rachel wearing a red silk Valentino dress, shot outside on location with a sweeping countryside backdrop.

There are five covers in total. Two featuring Rachel (the newsstand and subscribers), a limited edition cover available at Harrods, Selfridges and selected independent retailers featuring Kirsty Hume by Agata Pospieszynska (which I have a feeling everyone will die over Kirsty's editorial) and two remaining covers with art by Peter Joyce (available at Lapada Art & Antiques Fair) and one with a photograph by Richard Dormer (available from Goodwood Revival). Review of the issue to follow!

Nice picture but it doesn't look like a cover picture.

Review - 354 Pages.

MY FRIEND RACHEL
Cover Star: Rachel Weisz
Photographer: Agata Pospieszynska
Stylist: Leith Clark
9 Photos

QUEEN OF THE CASTLE

Model: Kirsty Hume
Photographer: Agata Pospieszynska
Stylist: Charlie Harrington
14 Photos

RAINBOW DREAMING
Model: Esther Heesch
Photographer: Erik Madigan Heck
Stylist: Leith Clark
17 Photos

SUITE ANGLAISE
Model: Vanessa Moody
Photographer: Regan Cameron
Stylist: Miranda Almond
12 Photos

Sounds like an exciting issue! If somewhat more of the same but If it's at their full strength I won't be complaining.

she's so beautiful, i can't even focus on anything else.

and im - as usual - looking forward to erik madigan heck's ed

Newsstand Cover & Editorial Preview:

STANDARD. CO.UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chelsea1969
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->