UK Harper's Bazaar September 2011 : Beyonce by Alexi Lubomirski

she's looking quite good! i just wished there'd be that shot we saw from the paparazi shots...

I received the subscribers copy, I think the cover is fantastic, surprisingly refreshing and I prefer it to the newsstand cover. Didn't know what to expect but Beyonce seems to be getting more beautiful with age. One of the best September covers so far!

UK Harper's Bazaar is taking the US version to the cleaners, no doubt about it, dare I say it too but this is much better than what the UK Vogue September issue has to offer in terms of content! Alexi Lubomirski's work continues to impress me.

Newsstand cover and previews

UjLEh.jpg

in-the-mag-September-issue-secrets-of-seduction-2811.jpg

in-the-mag-September-issue-fashion-lead-us-into-temptation-2811.jpg

in-the-mag-September-issue-fahsion-heart-of-darkness-2811.jpg

in-the-mag-September-issue-fashion-love-in-the-afternoon-2811.jpg

in-the-mag-September-issue-daphne-guinness-2811.jpg

in-the-mag-September-issue-beauty-the-new-rules-2811.jpg

in-the-mag-September-issue-viva-banderas-2811.jpg

in-the-mag-September-issue-snapshot-madonna-2811.jpg

in-the-mag-September-issue-fashion-editors-pick-2811.jpg

in-the-mag-September-issue-shop-catwalk-to-closet-2811.jpg

in-the-mag-September-issue-talking-points-2811.jpg

harpersbazaar.co.uk

Thanks for posting. Wow... cannot wait to get my hands on this! Sooooo sexy & luxurious.

everything looks promising so far....when will this issue be on sale here?

D&G, Daphne Guinness, Beyonce, and Heart of Darkness. This looks promising, like mercyminx said, everything looks sexy and luxurious!

Has anyone seen the fashion eds in full? Can't wait to see the rest of 'Love in the afternoon."

^Yeah I have and Rianne looks amazing in her editorial and even Alla looks good in hers and I don't rate her. But, by far the best editorial is 'Heart of Darkness' with Daria......there are some beautiful shots with cheetahs and leopards:heart: and Daria herself looks fantastic. Pretty good issue all round.

I always buy the newsstand supersized copies of the March and September issues as well as my subscriber's copies, and got this one today. I think the newsstand image is actually better than Subs, and it looks incredible in the large scale.

I think it's one of my favourite Bazaar celebrity covers actually, which is saying a lot as I don't even care for Beyonce. All in all it's a really great issue.

I concur, the newsstand cover shot is so compelling and dramatic. Much stronger than the subscribers. If the shot was used for subscribers also, I would of been ecstatic. I haven't seen the supersize edition here, I've seen the regular format on stands, though.

Flipping through the issue, I notice a new font has been introduced. I do dislike change, to a magazine that needed no alterations. For that reason, I find the font similar to a one British Vogue uses. Bazaar appeared to have the same direction as Vogue Paris during 2005 and 2006, I loved that.

I'm not expecting her to dress up as a historical figure, but what she's doing in half those shots makes her seem like she's playing the part of someone who's hired the place from a brochure for a fortnight, rather than a woman who owns and inhabits a house as wonderful as she is.

Maybe that's the point. The shots were taken at the Ritz.

She looks good, btw. I agree with some people here, she ages with grace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flipping through the issue, I notice a new font has been introduced. I do dislike change, to a magazine that needed no alterations. For that reason, I find the font similar to a one British Vogue uses. Bazaar appeared to have the same direction as Vogue Paris during 2005 and 2006, I loved that.

I noticed that too and it pretty much put me off the whole issue.
I really don't understand why they felt the need to change it when what they had was great, especially to something so similar to Vogue's.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't read this issue in full but so far it looks good, I have the supersized newstand version.

lead us into temptation

model: alla kostromichova
photographer: anthony maule
stylist: vanessa coyle

storemags

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back