UK Marie Claire August 2018 : Vanessa Kirby

serendipity8777

Reaction score
ZR2DmOS6_o.jpg

Vanessa's Facebook page

Like the US edition, they've been stepping it up nicely over the past few months. This is a dud, however. Glam dress, gritty wall, punk hairstyle, all seemingly executed by someone who works for Woman & Home.

I have a lot of goodwill towards this magazine, and I'd think it sad if yet another print title vanished from the shelves. But looking through this, I find myself wondering who actually buys this magazine? In terms of page layout, the information on offer could be equally easily be delivered by the internet, because it's in that style of snippets of text in white boxes.

I suppose the way the content includes children's fashion editorials and ads for cleaning products should give me a clue about who the magazine is aimed at. People who want a magazine to flick through that feels familiar, that exists on an adult level, and which doesn't really require any hard work to read.

I have a lot of goodwill towards this magazine, and I'd think it sad if yet another print title vanished from the shelves. But looking through this, I find myself wondering who actually buys this magazine? In terms of page layout, the information on offer could be equally easily be delivered by the internet, because it's in that style of snippets of text in white boxes.

I suppose the way the content includes children's fashion editorials and ads for cleaning products should give me a clue about who the magazine is aimed at. People who want a magazine to flick through that feels familiar, that exists on an adult level, and which doesn't really require any hard work to read.

The children section is awful.

I can see there is a market for Vogue, Harpers and (i hope) Elle.

and i get there is Grazia and Stylist. But Marie Claire has no place in its current guise. It needs a new editor and some purpose.

The children section is awful.

I can see there is a market for Vogue, Harpers and (i hope) Elle.

and i get there is Grazia and Stylist. But Marie Claire has no place in its current guise. It needs a new editor and some purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->