UK Marie Claire November 2018 : Gwyneth Paltrow by Tesh

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by serendipity8777, Oct 3, 2018.

1. serendipity8777

serendipity8777 Well-Known Member

Photographs by Tesh
    Styling by Tiffany Fraser Steele

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    marieclaire.co.uk

Natrajk likes this.
  2. Srdjan

Srdjan Well-Known Member

Looks very fresh and Scandinavian.

ghostwriter10549 and Benn98 like this.
  3. mikel

mikel Well-Known Member

It looks very Patrick Demarchelier.

4. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

She looks real, she looks happy, she's genuinely a long-standing success (at being a celebrity) - I just wish there wasn't ten different fonts on the front, because it makes the magazine seem amateur, even when they're using a nice cover image.

Instead of grabbing attention, the words are competing for attention with each other, and getting lost in the mix.

Bahiyya likes this.
  5. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

The cover and images for me are Gwyneth 101. Certainly fails to impress me in any sense, but since this is Marie Claire and she's a brand now, I guess it makes sense. At least she looks her age on the cover and that's commendable.

There would have been some strategy involved because this cover may have been selected to introduce Goop to the UK. I guess she's no longer hot enough for Edward and Anne Marie, and the Harper's woman doesn't seem like the type to invest in her vaginal eggs, so here we have her exclusively for Marie Claire.

Nymphaea likes this.
  6. honeycombchild

honeycombchild Well-Known Member

I'm one of the few who actually really likes Gwyneth, so I guess I'm biased here. I really like it, the warm natural feel of the whole thing is nice. I'm also very happy to see a smile on the cover that doesn't look awkwardly forced.

One of Marie Claire's better covers for sure, although you'd think she could have landed a Bazaar cover for the launch of Goop UK. Of all publications Harper's has the most affluent readers, so for me Goop belongs with that audience, not Marie Claire. Marie Claire is read by people in doctor's surgeries and hotel lobbies where they provide free copies to boost their 'readership' figures.

7. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

Same! And I'm thinking Marie Claire might work better for the Goop target audience? It does sell more copies according to reports too, so perhaps they were going for a wider market.

8. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Don't ask me how magic-touch Trish and her team manage that. I've not quite figured out exactly why Marie Claire is so lucrative to brands. You can tell that by their type of advertisers, and often many of the blue chips take out more pages in their magazine than in other glossies.

LMAO @ 'Marie Claire is read by people in doctor's surgeries and hotel lobbies.'

9. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

Perhaps that's the goal. You get so tired of waiting at the doctor's that you try alternative medicine from Goop. :wink:

10. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

The editorial looks like it was shot at Sears. Who in gods name tilts a camera like that when shooting in a studio?

11. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

Hahah this is it? She got a cover of UK MC for launch of Goop UK? :rofl: Looking rough, and faking a smile, my, how far from her "Queen of Vogue" days is this! There was a point when I used to be sick of seeing her face on every cover, but at least she was a great actress, but with this Goop nonsense, this is exactly where she belongs, irrelevance, and a nice lesson for future actresses!!

Benn98 likes this.
  12. ghostwriter10549

ghostwriter10549 Well-Known Member

Huh, I like it. This if the type of cover that Jennifer Aniston should been doing.

Benn98 likes this.
  13. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

I've seen this issue on sale for £2.50 in Tesco.

Looking at this on zinio, it's 188 pgs, Gwyneth is in a watch ad quite near the front, there's a big interview with Jess Glynne, a short look at the history of Models 1, the UK's oldest modelling agency, a feature about Anni-Frid Lyngstad of ABBA, there's one 12 pg fashion editoral about animal print, and the holiday section is an Irish road trip, which sees the writer visit more places in five days than I manage in five months.

I didn't read the Gwyneth feature, because I literally have to wash my hair now, and I don't think I need her advice on how to do that.

Benn98 likes this.