UK Tatler August 2012 : Alice Eve

tigerrouge

don't look down
Reaction score
As per 8eight, Alice Eve on the August issue of UK Tatler (newsstand.co.uk:(

Given that most Tatler threads are lucky to make it to a second page, I get the feeling that a continuous thread where every edition worldwide can be posted together would seem more substantial... anyhow, a cynical look at Tatler's lesbian PR drive (dailymail.co.uk:(

Don't use lesbians to lift sales

Tatler is a glossy magazine aimed at the rich. It used to focus on ‘society’ — these days, that means the upwardly mobile. It’s the kind of reading material you find in the waiting rooms of swanky dentists.

Pippa Middleton is a perfect Tatler pin-up: unmarried and impeccably well-connected. So why is editor Kate Reardon gushing to anyone who will listen about the need to stick up for gay women?

The latest issue asks ‘Where are all the lesbians?’ and devotes several pages to glamorous pictures of seven high-profile women, including TV presenter and comedian Sue Perkins and writer, and environmental campaigner Tamsin Omond, arrested after scaling the roof of the Houses of Parliament to protest against a third runway at Heathrow.

Tamsin (whether you agree with her politics or not) doesn’t need much help from Tatler to raise her profile. Kate Reardon claims gay men are more accepted than their female counterparts and this Thursday, she’s hosting a dinner for 200 lesbians.

But what are her motives? Latest figures show Tatler’s circulation is flat, with a small increase of just 1.7 per cent. The National Readership survey tells a different story, recording a drop of more than 20 per cent in a year — 25 per cent in the highest social categories, which advertisers love.

I suspect Kate’s ‘lesbian ball’ is all about selling Tatler and nothing to do with gay rights. Can you imagine the fuss if there was a heterosexual-only event? Clever women, gay or straight, don’t need Tatler’s help.

You know, that's what I was thinking of doing, but then I thought, it'll get hidden and someone will come along and post it as a separate thread... ironically enough, just like I've done here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes; it's tough to know where something "belongs" sometimes.

On topic, that cover is beyond words. Who is this woman?

Alice is an actress who's gone to the US to find fame, she's the daughter of UK actors Trevor Eve and Sharon Maughan, and she's better-looking than this cover suggests (dailymail.co.uk:(

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Alice Eve, I think She's Beautiful and a great actress. The cover is great but after reading that article on The Lesbian Portfolio I'm a little conflicted, Why didn't one of them get the cover of Tatler, that would've been awesome. Whether the editor has motives behind this or not, I think it's a great thing.

Alice Eve is really pretty, but this retro cover doesn't do her beauty justice.

alice...and eve
star: alice eve
photographer: ruven afanador
stylist: deep kailey
make-up: francesca tolot
hair: robert vetica

ebook free download

UK Tatler August 2012

ph: Gustavo Papaleo
st: Deep Kailey
model: Amy Greenhough
hair: Teiji Utsumi