UK Vogue April 2019 : Naomi Scott by Nick Knight

Te portrait is very beautiful. I was scrolling Instagram a few minutes ago and instantly got my attention. Naomi is absolutely gorgeous!

Lovely portrait shot! And nice to see Edward going for a new name as well, putting his money where his mouth is.

Instant love at first sight, and far more superior than Naomi Campbell by Steven Meisel last month (which I still feel desperately underwhelmed by). Must admit that I hadn't a clue who Naomi Scott was until a quick Google search earlier, but think this a truly fabulous cover which feels very glam and fresh amongst the other British monthlies.

The makeup is gorgeous (can see a ton of young girls wanting to emulate this look), loved that Prada collection and loooove the use of the ring light (indeed very reminiscent of that Amber Valletta cover of US Harper's Bazaar from 1997, @[B]A.D.C.[/B]).

don't think this image screams 'cover' but I do think it's beautiful

Absolutely gorgeous! I adore everything about this and I'm so happy it's by Nick Knight who has always been a fantastic, yet underused, asset to this magazine.

I've never heard of Naomi but it's great to see a new face and the image is really striking so it will look fantastic on the newsstand I'm sure. Edward has made some really interesting and refreshing choices for his cover stars - there's a real variety in the women he's featured so far and I love the unexpected, especially when the result is this beautiful.

What a beautiful, and striking cover. "Practice what you preach"! Edward, unlike many other top EICs, always making good on his promises.

It's just so refreshing seeing UK Vogue get behind an upcoming star like Scott. I truly hope she has a good career, and many great opportunities. This is a moment, even if it most likely won't sell much. (hopefully i am proven wrong!!)

Oh and Nick Knight?!! At last, back shooting the covers of UK Vogue, been way too long!! Keep the overpriced, and overrated (a lifelong fan, but he his having a bad year, and needs to take a break)Steven Meisel, i will take the better British version, these days!

I have no idea on who she is but it's a very striking cover.

I LOVE it! I just wish it was someone I cared about..

Love the cover shot! The best use of the Prada headband thus far!

Beautiful! Don't know her, but this is lovely. And so nice to see Nick shooting a cover for them again. Even if it bites not only Amber's Bazaar cover from 97 under Tilberis but also Emma Stone's first (and best) Interview cover from 2012.

Sublime! Miles better than Knight’s offering for Vogue HK. Everything here works, even down to the prop, which does come off a little too literal as far as interpreting the theme goes, but still not verging on gratuitousness yet. I always have a penchant for this kind of retro futurism imagery as I have always wondered what it would be like to be an editor in the 60s trying to incorporate a Jackie O-like style into a Kubrickian, Space Odyssey-era aesthetic.

I also applaud the choice of celebrity here. Yes to more overlooked stars like her or Gugu. Do I care for her career? Not yet. But at least Edward is bold enough to not repeat cover subjects.

This looks like a GLAMOUR magazines outtake c 2001. The lighting looks cheap and that make-up is appallingly bad; looks like the result of an unfortunate run-in with the SA at the local CLINIQUE counter. (Having worked for multiple Lauder companies 99% of the SA's I observed can't apply make-up worth sh*t).

What is that thing on her head? and Why is she holding that glow ring thing? Every element in this cover shoot looks last minute. This execution is completely cringe. None of this fits together in the overall context of the imagery. Look at past iconic Sci-fi themed covers, everything in the image has a purpose, highlighted cultural, technological advancements relevant to that period in history. This and VOGUE HK's covers are so derivative in such an obvious, ostentatious way. The ideas are there but the artful finesse is lacking. Knight talks the talk then gives us this...

Naomi last month, now Scott... two woc in a row, is this finally the diversity Edward was talking about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->