UK Vogue April 2021 : Achenrin, Precious, Mona & Janaye by Steven Meisel

That wasn't so hard now was it edward? I am at this point willing to set aside the things I dont like about for just an issue from Vogue UK that is finally just fashion.

These covers made me go weak the knees earlier, gave me a sudden rush, a total burst of pure energy and joy! What a marvelous outcome after last month's underwhelming and dull Angelina Jolie offering. Meisel is a genius and the addition of Carlyne Cerf only adds to the excitement.

Out the four, Achenrin and Janaye are my faves but it goes without saying that I'll be hunting down ALL four! :heart:

I'm not sure how I feel about it. These covers do nothing for me. Maybe they should have used stronger models. Someone like Alek or even Joan would handle it better. I will wait for the editorial.
Seriously, I'm waiting for another Joan Smalls cover by Meisel, but I'm afraid we'll wait more time for that (as Irina's solo cover by him). And I'd love if Alek booked a cover, she's a megamodel. I don't know who are these girls except Mona.

After this, I don't want to expect another year to see Meisel here. I missed his magic a lot during the first year of this bloody pandemic. Rediscovering his old American and Italian Vogue covers helped me to keep my faith in fashion and life around that time.

I can't relate this to the Angelina's disaster. It's really, really bad when one photographer can bring all the glamour and the others can't. My friends are tired of my Meisel posts in my social networks, hahaha. And the reason is his marvelous work, nobody can't beat him (well, only Penn and Avedon).

lasiest interpretation of 60th covers. even Luigi & Iango can be more creative

lasiest interpretation of 60th covers. even Luigi & Iango can be more creative

I disagree, Luigi & Iango are like Bon Jovi. All of their work blends into one and it's just tiring.

The covers are exciting and each model looks spectacular. That editorial preview of Janaye lying down is giving me life and I cannot wait to see more.

Finally! those covers are fantastic. Can’t wait for more.

My initial excitement was kind of dulled by the predictability of the images and the identical hair styles, which feels very...Teen Vogue by Daniel Jackson/US Vogue by David Sims circa 2007? Somehow I'm a little underwhelmed?

At least Edward let Carlyne handle the styling duties here and took the back seat. I guess I'll get this issue. Will see. Probably Achenrin or Precious' cover. Mona's does nothing for me, but it's a surprise to see her here since Edward seems to have really snubbed her for a while. He seems to do the same thing with Sacha. Maybe because even if they are modern Meisel girls, they're too closely associated with Templer for Edward's liking (and to state the obvious he's a far superior editor to Edward...well, to anyone really).

Shame this one probably won't retail at £2 :innocent:.

I'm sick to death of multiple covers, but this is the exception.
Every cover is beautiful! And they work perfectly as a set.
I just wish they'd do gorgeous for the sake of gorgeousness every month!

These are very very very very stunning! I can’t take away my eyes on the first cover! It’s such an infectious smile, and a very much needed energy after everything that’s happening in the world. Gorgeous beyond words. The first cover should’ve been the only cover as it could have been a statement cover. Nevertheless, these are truly stunning covers. I’m sensing a nod to the 60’s.

However, at the risk of being called a hate, I can’t help but say that aside from being beautiful, these covers are very safe. These are well within Edward’s comfort zone — being referential. I wish he pushed it (or Meisel) a bit further. Maybe outdoors? A different background color? Different composition?

tl;dr stunning covers, but it’s nothing we haven’t seem from UK Vogue when Meisel is involved.

Last edited:
Precious and Mona's covers are amazing! The other two are still better than many of the covers we see nowadays but those two especially Precious are true Vogue.

My initial excitement was kind of dulled by the predictability of the images and the identical hair styles, which feels very...Teen Vogue by Daniel Jackson/US Vogue by David Sims circa 2007? Somehow I'm a little underwhelmed?

At least Edward let Carlyne handle the styling duties here and took the back seat. I guess I'll get this issue. Will see. Probably Achenrin or Precious' cover. Mona's does nothing for me, but it's a surprise to see her here since Edward seems to have really snubbed her for a while. He seems to do the same thing with Sacha. Maybe because even if they are modern Meisel girls, they're too closely associated with Templer for Edward's liking (and to state the obvious he's a far superior editor to Edward...well, to anyone really).

Shame this one probably won't retail at £2 :innocent:.

It better retail for 2 quid! LOL. Well I simply think it will, we are all excited about this and understand what a treat it is but for the average person on the street it's just another cover which either will or won't appeal to them. And Vogue want to increase readership, so the £2 offer is a clever way to keep the numbers constant.

I also don't understand why they hardly shoot Sacha when we saw so much of Fran in this magazine in a very short span of time. Most of it OG. And I'm 100% convinced it was by virtue of her being English.

Looking at the first cover makes me happy. These covers are a breath of fresh air except the Mona one which is wasted potential. The hair and earrings look amazing but she looks sleepy. Alek is stunning in this kind of styling, I wish she got one too!

Mona's cover reminds me of to Elsa Benítez's cover for VI (1996). And the concept is similar to the final colaboration between Steven and Franca (the "Smile" fold-out with Alicia Burke). I never googled british Vogue pictures from the 60s (not my favourite decade), but this has the same look to those "Novita" covers, the first issues of VI.

This is pure joy. Exciting covers! My favorite is Achenrin, that smile is contagious! I need it, but I will need your help @vogue28 :P
I think Achenrin & Precious covers would have been enough, though.

I think Achenrin & Precious covers would have been enough, though.

Yup. The more I look at these two, I have to say the more I do get truly drawn in (to the hype as it were). They could've left it at those though. Mona's is also growing on me. I just find it a bit baffling that they used Janaye? Hate to be that dude, but she's not the most relevant girl ATM beyond Nicolas' loyalty to her. And that Prada looks like a fake scuba outfit from Primark.

Anywho, I feel like Precious could easily bag a US Vogue cover in the not too near future. It will be VP that will be, as per usual, near impossible to get, at least so long as the most pro-Caucasian of the Vogue editors is still there at the helm :innocent:. The woman is a true dime at any rate :cool:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->