UK Vogue December 2018 : Adut Akech, Stella Tennant, Saffron Vadher & Primrose Archer

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by jorgepalomo, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

I can’t with those texts! I just can’t!
    I feel like the photos were done with the text placement on head!
    There’s something wrong with each and every cover.
    Edward’s first year is about smoke and mirrors...

I hate all those covers!

2. These covers could have been exquisite. The models are delivering pure fire (look at Saffron, what a stunner!) but the shots look dead. The backgrounds just don't play well with everything else. And it all looks so plastic that it takes away from the ethereal. I don't like Stella's hair neither.

I wish Meisel would go back to doing major productions. It now looks like he's just sailing along the river, with no passion. I would probably feel the same with the amount of copycats shooting for every European Vogue.

russianelf likes this.
  3. 8eight

8eight Well-Known Member

The British Vogue budget must be out of control!
    Shame he doesnt have the confidence to do just one cover.

4. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

I think it depends on who he's working with. Meisel is a great studio photographer, but I've always felt he's even stronger with some props or a setting. See Chloe, Coach etc. All his work for British Vogue so far is just your usual studio shoot, which may as well be interpreted by a Ethan James Green or the like. I'm getting more creative diversity from McDean than from him.

Edward actually never really worked with Meisel a lot, so I don't think he's got that confidence to motivate him to step outside of the studion, or come up with grand ideas or more production value oriented stories. Like Fabien Baron, for instance.
    He's happy to settle on whatever he can get from him. Like someone who don't know their worth.

5. Lucien112

Lucien112 Active Member

I just said out loud "ughhhh I hate multi covers." Am I the only one?

dfl-001, LastNight, Blayne266 and 2 others like this.
  6. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Voila! You've totally expressed what i feel about the Meisel/Enninful thing.
    Everything they have done together so far is glamorous studios shots...At W & UK Vogue.

His lack of confidence is even more visible when compared to what Meisel did with MAS and what he is doing with Bruno.

That's why i said that Edward is all smoke & mirrors, it's all about the names and what they evoke. The result doesn't even matter....

Deleted member 130879 likes this.
  7. GreyVetiver

GreyVetiver Active Member

Saffron’s cover gives me major goosebumps - what a stunner!! It gives me the same feeling when I first saw her starred in Clare’s first Givenchy campaign. I was a bit sad when her runway works slowed down after one season, I hope this cover would propel her career to the next level!

8. ivano

ivano Well-Known Member

Maybe Edward gave Meisel 3 more covers because he picked Rihanna for september. I like these covers, but I'm not so excited. Best British Vogue covers since Cara, definitely.

9. Sensation

Sensation V.I.P.

Saffron's cover is the best.

10. Fiercification

Fiercification Well-Known Member

MTE. I like Adut's cover quite a bit, but it is the same formula as the debut Adwoa cover, even down to the use of Marc Jacobs (again!) but less impactful. Saffron and Primrose's covers are good. Stella's looks like some Demarchelier throwaway honestly; although I admire her lines being shown.

I'm sort of more interested to see what's inside TBH, even if UK Vogue has been all a bit heavy on "pretty mediocrity" since re-birth. However somehow EE's managed to pull all the big names (photog, model and celeb-wise), and no one else in print land is doing that now...

11. RanThe

RanThe Active Member

Adut and Saffron have the best covers. I hope I can get both of them when they ship to my city!!

12. Bertrando3

Bertrando3 Well-Known Member

I hate all 4 of them, super weak.

13. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Well-Known Member

Meh.

Wake me up when Meisel makes something decent again.

Sorry not sorry to say that today I'd pick Charlotte Wales over him without doubt.

14. mepps

mepps Well-Known Member

The Stella cover is the best. It's all beauty, class and grace.
    The Adut cover is over styled. It's like they didn't trust her beauty to shine alone.
    The other two are cute, but the reactions to the Saffron cover is amusing. It looks like a typical Mert and Marcus shot.:wink:

15. mikel

mikel Well-Known Member

I love all 4 of them!

16. ivano

ivano Well-Known Member

They worked for VI in the mids 2000s, I think. Was weird to see Meisel working for W, that's so true. He was more attached to Franca, and then, since 2015, with his departure as a main photographer of VI, he started to work more often for W. Franca was a true geniues, hiring Meisel for every cover. It's a mess when you put all the covers together by different photographers, looks like diferents editions of Vogue, and not just only one. About this, I love to see fresh faces. I'm a bit tired of the same models everywhere.

17. fluxxx

fluxxx Well-Known Member

Wow that Saffron girl is gorgeous! Her cover standout the most for me

18. Perickles

Perickles Well-Known Member

I don't like any of these covers. What are they wearing? The last cover looks like a creepy JonBenét Ramsey. Stella Tennant looks like a low budget Tilda Swinton. Did Adut borrow that from Anna Piaggi?

#38 Perickles, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    dfl-001 likes this.
  19. happycanadian

happycanadian Well-Known Member

ADUT!!!

Such a charming cover, I'm completely smitten by it. I deeply wish she didn't have to share with these other covers.

And Saffron is stunning, wow! I'd never heard of her. It's a great image and a great cover, but it doesn't hold a candle to the whimsy of Adut's, in my opinion.

20. liv4beauty

liv4beauty Active Member

Saffron is the winner here.