UK Vogue December 2019 : Emma Watson by Alasdair McLellan & Lizzo by Kloss Films

I think I like it. I might prefer it if it was the January cover though - it would still be festive enough to hit the shelves in December with all the red, but the outdoorsy background feels like a fresh, new year type setting.

Something totally glamorous, festive and over the top would have been my preference for this month.

Disappointing. She looks old

Don't like it. What's with the cabbage/poufy shoulder pads? Is this 1989?
I think the shot had promise and maybe her edit will be better, but despite the blinding red this still looks very clinical. Far worse than Kate/Gisele/Lara/Natalia's Christmas covers under Alexandra.

What a beautiful tribute to Celia Cruz! jk

With all respect to Celia.

What a beautiful tribute to Celia Cruz! jk

With all respect to Celia.

Lol! Now I need Carlyne Cerf Du Dudzeele to do an epic hair and beauty tribute to Celia Cruz! Only she would do her justice.

Anyway, that dress is in dire need of some drama à la Iman for Oscar De La Renta! It's Christmas, for Chrissake.

f8e920da695f294de406cb8bbc68fe45.jpg

Pinterest

This is US InStyle level at best.

Will never really get nor appreciate the Art Direction. Can’t believe that amateur font is used in Vogue.

but hey its an outdoors cover so maybe thats a redeeming factor.

At this point, Edward should stick with STUDIO Portrait covers. The outdoors covers were all subpar compared to the portraits

Nicole
Madonna
The one in the Telephone booth
This

lastly, notwithstanding the colors, there’s something about this that feels JANUARY.

What a beautiful cover, that McQueen dress is so bold, and her demeanor is calm, yet it still doesn't wear her! Emma just has that innate chic that can pull it off in a totally easy way.

Edward just understand's what makes for an appealing cover, and how nice to see more of these outdoor images being used.

I like Emma, but don’t like this cover and her expression looks like a disingenuous smile. The slicked back hair feels at odds with the mood/setting/styling, the image itself is over saturated, she looks like she’s sat at a... picnic table? It’s not horrendous but it seems like a wasted opportunity for something more festive and glamorous.

Btw, I can't believe Edward killed a Steven Meisel's festive extravaganza cover for this.

Same, I was so exciting for some Festive Glamour by Meisel like the previous December covers!

^^
At least, it’s festive and makes you want to dress-up!
This could have been a great February cover as it is fresh and timeless but it’s a non-event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->