UK Vogue December 2020 : Beyoncé by Kennedi Carter

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by Marc10, Oct 30, 2020.

1. mikel

mikel Well-Known Member

I was hoping for something in the vein of Black Is King. She looked absolutely spectacular in that movie.

I agree with Vogue28 that her Vogue US cover from 2009 is her only good Vogue cover.

vogue28, Urban Stylin and aracic like this.
  2. Blayne266

Blayne266 Well-Known Member

I must be either blind or starved for fashion but I love the Mugler & McQueen covers, absolutely stunning in my opinion & love that it’s something different from British Vogue. Not crazy about the Adidas cover but I understand that it was probably requested by her team to go with the new launch. I’m extremely excited for the 20 page editorial too.

dodencebt and slayage like this.
  3. Srdjan

Srdjan Well-Known Member

My favourite is the green one, but then I think, adidas on a Vogue cover... it's laughable!

4. dfl-001

dfl-001 Well-Known Member

Three strikes... you're out!
    This is embarrassingly bad.

5. BlueRuin

BlueRuin Active Member

The first cover I love! Unexpected!
    The other 2 is a hard no no no!

6. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

Same. I don't think they needed the other two. The first one I actually like, it's striking.. I'm not sure it's striking in a good way, or terrible way, I just want to stare at it... it's provocative, vulgar, entering a territory you wouldn't normally enter with Vogue in mind.. the lighting and colors makes me feel like it's a show (at a strip club?) I'd actually love to be invited to and obviously wouldn't mind paying for. Definitely more promising than what it actually is (the cover of a fashion magazine full of nothing inside), refreshing for what it really is (Vogue) and.. Christmas-y for adults.

7. lucy92

lucy92 Mod Squad Team Leader

Moderator's note: Please stay on topic and discuss only what is in the issue - not unrelated imagery that you wish were on the cover etc.

Please do not post "reaction" gifs or images or "vogue cover challenge" material in this thread.

LostInNJ likes this.
  8. JPineapple

JPineapple Well-Known Member

Beyoncé sweetie, I'm so sorry...

9. Stallonation

Stallonation Member

2 out of 3
    from Ivy Park to British Vogue

she loves squatting a lot recently lol

10. mepps

mepps Well-Known Member

The first cover is the best one, and it could have been great with a different pose, and photographer.
    The second cover is just bad.
    The third cover is looks like a 90's r&b album outtake.

Beyonce is a beautiful woman, but I've never been remotely interested in her as a personality. There's just nothing there.
    Like my mama says, she's just dead in the face.

11. slayage

slayage Active Member

The first cover is striking enough on its own that I don’t think the other two were needed. But out of the second and third cover, the latter with McQueen is my favorite. The second cover with Adidas just does absolutely nothing for me.

I’m still recovering from the snoozefest that was August, September, October and even November as well, so this one came in handy right for this moment!

12. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

The only one that I seem to like is the McQueen one, but overall all 3 are nothing to write home about!

13. aracic

aracic Moderator

Beyoncé... chile. First of all, who is Kennedi Carter? Apparently, it's a big deal that she's the youngest photographer to ever shoot a Vogue cover. You can tell, it's art student level at best.
    The Ivy Park cover never should've seen the light of day, it's the worst out of three. That neon green physically hurts me and Beyoncé doesn't look good. It takes talent to f*ck up Beyoncé. The second worst offender is the McQueen cover. What were any of them thinking when they told her to squat like that? Please! Was it supposed to look powerful? Cause it don't. And there's something off about her hair/makeup... it just doesn't sit right with me.
    Now the first cover was f*cking fierce! The body, the hair, the mug! Y E S. The pose.. a little unconventional, but I like that. She looks wonderful, and I gagged when I saw it on Instagram. But then the rest just killed the mood! I'm always happy to see Beyoncé, but please, stop pushing Ivy Park. It's hideous.

14. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Love Beyonce, like the idea, disappointed with the execution. Ultimately, the problem is that it fits the « Beyoncé aesthetic ». Her first US Vogue cover was her best and her first UK Vogue cover was the best.

Beyoncé by Meisel would have been fabulous indeed and I think that Edward is the one who can do it perfectly. Testino is IMO the one who has done justice to her beauty. She needs to be less about control...

Now that it’s Beyoncé and Vogue involved, I want to know all the « first attached to it »...

15. Serend1pity

Serend1pity Well-Known Member

Beyoncé of all people should be easy to perfect this is patheticccc

16. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

She looks really tired in the face, that expression isn't exactly imposing...more like annoyed. I do like what they were going for with the first one though.

The text placement is also not good, and I don't know why they bill everyone and their mother on the cover...I hardly care about Prince Charles, let alone the rest of the subjects.

17. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

My favourite is the Ivy Park one love how the colours contrasr. Not so keen on the McQueen pose but I love the body suit one too. Very unapologetic

18. marimy7

marimy7 Member

Ho ho ho. WTF!

Ghesquiere32 and Handbag Queen like this.
  19. Armani

Armani Tech Support ⌨♥

Oh no, what a disappointing batch of covers. As much as I will defend Beyonce's artistry, visuals, and untouchable talent until the day I die... she just isn't the strongest editorially, never has been. And the Ivy Park cover :blink:

Happy to see something from her though; she's always in hibernation right before a burst of publicity.

mikel and aracic like this.
  20. Handbag Queen

Handbag Queen Well-Known Member

Not a fan of hers or any of the covers.

Ivancica and Ghesquiere32 like this.