UK Vogue February 2013 : Kati Nescher by Patrick Demarchelier

I can't really put my finger on it, but somehow this looks like a celebrity cover...and Kati's altrered face does not help at all. Otherwise lovely colors and great dress.

I dont think this was the best shot for a cover, one of the other shots from her edit wouldve worked better. Want to see the rest of Suvis editorial and the collections edit preview looks really good, love those Bottega dresses.

They could have done so much MORE with her, she photographs beautifully, yet they made her look mundane, and with as much personality as their celeb cover subjects. I mean where is the "modern glamour" here?!! At least its not the pink font.

But kudos for the second model cover this year, and if rumors of Cara on March & Kate on April turn out to be true, then they are making up for all those celeb covers of last year.

I like the cover, it feels very suprising to me. To other 2 pics are very nice indeed, especially the red coat one, they are better than the cover pic.

Kati has a lovely face, but I really don't like that hairstyle on the cover!

I actually think they TRIED to make her look like Kate Middleton.

With the "Inside Kates Wardrobe: A Study of Royal Style" I would assume many people would just think it was.

CLEVER!

Exactly what I thought!

I kind of like it but the hair is not appealing. Great to finally see a new model on the cover after so many Lara's, Kate's and Natalia's.
I'm looking forward to see Kati's and Suvi's editorials.

It's a fantastic issue, clean, fresh and elegant, just what we need at this time of year, I love Kati in Givenchy. She's a surprising cover star, I wasn't at all expecting that from UK Vogue.

Here is a complete review though.

The New Modern (14 p)
Model; Kati Nescher
Photographer; Patrick Demarchelier
Styling; Lucinda Chambers
Hair; James Pecis
Make-up; James Kaliardos

Collective Spirit (14 p)
Models; Edie Campbell, Cara Delevingne, Jourdan Dunn, Stephanie Hall, Lara Mullen, Sam Rollinson, Rosie Tapner & Charlotte Wiggins.
Photographer; Angelo Pennetta
Styling; Francesca Burns
Hair; Luke Hersheson for David Hersheson
Make-up; Sally Branka

A Fine Geometry (10 p)
Model; Suvi Koponen
Photographer; Karim Sadli
Styling; Francesca Burns
Hair; Damien Boissinot
Make-up; Miranda Joyee

Total Exposure (6 p)
Juergen Teller by Johnnie Shand Kydd
Article by Jo Ellison

No Place Like Homeland (6 p)
Damian Lewis & Helen McCrory by Jason Bell
Article by Chloe Fox

Dealer Takes All (6 p)
Larry Gagosian by Taryn Simon & accompanying photos by Jean Pigozzi & Marius W Hansen
Article by Fiona Golfar

Character Study (6 p)
Model; Andrea Riseborough
Photographer; Scott Trindle
Styling; Saranne Woodcroft
Hair; Panos Papandrianos
Make-up; Lucy Burt

^Thanks for the review. I was hoping there would be more fashion editorials.
Would have loved to see Claire Danes in the Homeland piece.

On the up-side it's fresh and youthful. On the down-side it's a bit stiff and uncertain.

Talking about both the cover and the editorial content available at this moment in time.

That first shot of the editorial would've made for a better cover.

Oh it looks so awful to me. I don't mind Kati at all and I'm happy to see her on a cover but this just looks so...dated, old and dull. What have they done to her? It's beyond me how these things make it to the covers of magazines. Either of her editorial shots would have made a better cover; not amazing, but better for sure.

her face... eek. she should have just pouted. that being said i'm very happy she got the cover, despite the Donald Trump hair.

Her face looks weird on the cover.:blink:

So happy for Kati! The cover could've been better but I love the editorial preview! :woot:

What will make THREE (Kate, Kati and rumoured Cara) model covers in a row from Vogue UK is very applaud able, the cover is person I find so refreshing and the content is really good. The way "Collective Spirit" is laid out works so nicely and its not the type of layout I would initially expect from Vogue UK so bravo!

Also in the supplement:

Vogue Promotions: Girl On The Go (7 pgs)
Model: Alla Kostromishova
Photographer: Thomas Cooksey
Stylist: Kim Howells

Nice clean fresh cover. Kati looks pretty, but have preferred Vogue doing something more to really bring out her beauty. On the other hand, I love the supplement cover.

The cover looks okay. Safe. Kati looks older than her age. I'm so happy for her though

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->