UK Vogue February 2013 : Kati Nescher by Patrick Demarchelier

^Very nice! Love the 3rd and last shots!

Suvi's edit is the best one to come outta' the issue, I love how direct the pictures are and Suvi looks fantastic. Kati's is the next best editorial, I admire the freshness Patrick has captured with such fall-looking clothes. They're even more beautiful inside the magazine too.

Collective Spirit by Angelo Pennetta does nothing for me. I find the images mundane and lacking that Vogue-gloss. I know those are Pennetta's aesthetics, I just dislike the outcome here. Vogue have done better collections editorials, that's for certain.

The issue is priced at £3.99 here, I haven't a clue what's behind these different prices of late. I'd love to know what Vogue's sales figures are. Although saying that, Alexandra Shulman must not be desperate for readers, putting an unknown model like Kati Nescher on the cover.

I don't like A Fine Geometry at all, looks like a bunch of simple adverts.

I do like the concept of the cover, but in the execution, it just seems to make her look old. The main editorial is wonderful, though.

^I agree. The cover for me is hard to grasp-- the visual (the position of her body, the clothing, the position of her head...) just doesn't come together right. The editorial is heavenly though. I kind of can't stand her personality, but Kati has an absolutely amazing shape to compliment structural and feminine clothes.

The New Modern (HQ)
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Stylist: Lucinda Chambers
Model: Kati Nescher
Make-Up: James Kaliardos
Hair: James Pecis

pdfmagazines.com

Collective Spirit (HQs)
Photographer: Angelo Pennetta
Stylist: Fransesca Burns
Models: Cara Delevigne, Edie Campbell, Jourdan Dunn, Stephanie Hall, Lara Mullen, Sam Rollinson, Rosie Tapner & Charlotte Wiggins
Make-Up: Sally Branka
Hair: Luke Hersheson

pdfmagazines

A Fine Geometry (HQs)
Photographer: Karim Sadli
Stylist: Fransesca Burns
Model: Suvi Koponen
Make-Up: Miranda Joyce
Hair: Damien Boissinot

pdfmagazines

Thanks for the wonderful scans, really enjoy the Collections editorial, esp the Prada, Gucci and Saint Laurent shots.

Patrick and Lucinda should do more stuff like this, so fresh and light. Lucinda most of the time tends to do very heavy layering and color matching and seeing this is refreshing. Great ed, and perfect casting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->