UK Vogue February 2018 : Margot Robbie & Nicole Kidman by Juergen Teller

Nicole looks so awful. I don't mind Teller's photography but he always does such horrible covers. Looks like it was taken with an iPhone with the flash off.

Don't like it at all... His (Edward's) first cover was magnifcent, but then it just went downhill, and it almost looks like British Vogue under Alexandra again. And why, why did they choose pink (and some kind of coral/apricot color?) on all the fonts? Everything just blends in with the stone wall and the dresses + gloves, and you can't almsot read what it says. Where are the models??

Love Margot, Love Nicole, HATE this cover. What the hell did they do to Nicole??? Who thought it would be a good idea to have them in those gardening gloves??? And why do the gloves take up as much space on the cover as Nicole herself??? Where do I begin??? Edward, I was rooting for you, but this cover is such a disappointment, especially in contrast with Adwoa’s timeless and instantly iconic cover.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was so excited when I read Margot Robbie & Nicole Kidman but my excitement immediately disappeared when I read Teller. He shouldn't be photographing covers let alone with celebrities. He makes people look horrible.

This could have been so much better with a capable photographer.

Maybe he's doing the celeb covers in the weak months, and keeping the important issues for supers...?

For crying out loud, this isn't W, Edward!!

MTE, Miss D! I don't understand why he felt it appropriate to transfer over the Hollywood/Feb issue...surely Tonchi is still dragging that dead horse along this year as well?

The last issue was really solid and I wasn't even a big fan of any of the main contributors, whilst the first cover was a classic. This however, well it's just reflective of my ever increasing apathy towards Teller in recent years. Really poor stuff!

Also, am I the only one who sees the irony in the “Why we need to talk about race” tagline particularly for this cover?

With the names they have listed, I would've loved to see Hong Chau on the cover with that tagline. Would have been unexpected and different but this is disappointing.

Edward is making it so hard for his supporters to defend him. This is tragic. The audacity to use Nicole Kidman as a prop. Also, I’m bothered with the fit of the gloves.

They successfuly managed to make Nicole look like a stage mom prepping her daughter backstage. What a disaster.

The layout as well is a disaster. Who on earth would use a pink font on top of a pink background? Like hello?? Someone is paid tons for this?

I agree, this is not W. I can’t believe that this is worst than Alex’s terrible covers. At least those had a touch of finality to it. This looks undone, fan made at best. It looks like a raw photo in a bad way. Even the worst Vogue Russia cover is classier than this one.

I agree !!!! IT LOOKS SOOOOO FAN MADE !!!! Awful awul layout and coverlines. ONCE AGAIN I can´t believe a Vogue magazine would look like that, and I can´t imagine how much these people would get paid to produce such a lamentable product. :angry:

Poor Nicole, she looks awful, and British Vogue remains the worst among the big 4 lol.

I love Nicole Kidman. She was so brilliant in Big Little Lies. Too bad this cover sucks.

This really should have been better in every way. His debut was so strong, but this and the last cover are really making me worry for what's to come.

I actually scrolled past this on Instagram before seeing it here being the British Vogue cover LOL. Who would expect this magazine to go downhill so fast? Disappointed but not surprised.

They successfuly managed to make Nicole look like a stage mom prepping her daughter backstage. What a disaster.

I was just telling a friend Nicole looks like the overbearing mother. :lol:

Wow, 3 underwhelming covers, and he styled them all. In shock.

They did Nicole dirty. She looks like an old lady huddled back there. I'm shocked because she always photographs very well. Overall this is a very dull and uninspired cover. It looks like Vogue Australia on a bad day.

So apparently W Magaizne is running the same award season feature, currently on Instagram W posted a cover from the spread and there's more online including the same shot of Nicole and Margot but with the W logo. The spread is up on W magazine and the images are ehhhh dull.

When Edward appointed Venetia Scott as a Fashion Director of UK Vogue, I felt this tragic would be happen.

So apparently W Magaizne is running the same award season feature, currently on Instagram W posted a cover from the spread and there's more online including the same shot of Nicole and Margot but with the W logo. The spread is up on W magazine and the images are ehhhh dull.

Oh. My. God! Shameful, we are running on reprints now??? This is the beginning of the end.

I can't believe Vogue UK is sharing cover with another magazine.... next what? reprint?
and Nicole has never been this ugly....not all Vogue's fault though, her face is just getting worse and worse

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->