UK Vogue February 2020 : Lupita Nyong’o by Steven Meisel

Absolutely, positively L❤️VE this! Captivatingly gorgeous!

I love the vibrancy of the colors and even if a part of me is still underwhelmed by the fact that Edward doesn’t want to extend his range with Meisel, it works well!
I just love those clothes and for once, I don’t mind the runway styling...

Nicolas, I hope this opened your eyes: Meisel is definitely the one who can showcase your clothes the best. Stop with the Collier Schorr stuff! This is better than your campaigns...

I smell a Lupita wearing Vuitton to the oscars. She is only tied to Lancôme so I can totally see her in custom Vuitton.

Also....*Styled by when she is wearing almost the exact outfit from the runway in every picture....including bag.

(also they’ve either photoshopped the colours or vogue runway photography is very off hue)
CDAB6341-4B18-41A7-871A-8306AE4996B2.jpeg
via voguerunway

Earlier when I looked all the previews didn't load, so I had no idea it's basically a Vuitton advertorial. And I second the OTT makeup, especially her lips which looks like a toffee apple. Don't know what went through Pat McGrath's head when she did that.

Still, it's the best cover under Edward imo. I'll clearly have to get this on the cover alone because the review sounds extremely weak for a pre-spring issue! McDean shoot better not be in the studio.

Nicolas was actually present at the shoot, in case anyone had any doubt that this is financed by Vuitton.

My God, so far Anna is the only one who doesn't hand her covers and editorials on a platter to advertisers and I hope it stays that way. Alt finally cave in a few months ago, now this. VI has been doing it for years. I don't think people realise the magnitude of this and what it represents in the greater scheme of things.

The styling on the cover is awful. It's tired, dated, stuffy and plain ugly. I love that profile shot in the ed though. That should've been the cover.

It’s a strong, striking cover and editorial but like most here, I’m sad it really heralds the death of creativity in magazines. We’ve seen it so much over the years with brands dictating how their runways looks can be shot (exactly as per the runway styling with absolutely no deviation to be made please) but this really is something else. Whilst it would never be declared as an advertorial (which is a whole other issue here) we all know LV got this because of their spending power and the leverage it gave them.

#Ad

Also....*Styled by when she is wearing almost the exact outfit from the runway in every picture....including bag.

(also they’ve either photoshopped the colours or vogue runway photography is very off hue)
View attachment 1137353
via voguerunway
The full look policy has been a staple from Ghesquiere. I think that only Vogue US doesn’t play that game...

I wonder if this styled by Grace would have been different.

Theres also an interview with NG in the issue... with portrait shot by Meisel...

I like it, but there's something off with the makeup and the expression. It also does feel like an ad campaign.

Lupita, blink if you need help.

February 2020, and no word about Vogue Values. Edward is really not joining the club. Brave. Though, I find it odd for #NewVogue to not promote #VogueValues

I think it's a stunning, striking image and Lupita getting so much Oscar buzz for a horror film that came out in nearly a year prior just illustrates her star power. I can't say I like the makeup, but it looks a bit shocking and I respect such a bold choice for the cover.

What a gorgeous cover, LOVE the make-up. Lupita can totally pull that off, but i can agree about the styling, my god! Imagine how epic this would have been if it was someone doing an actually creative original styling, but we all know how business for magazines goes.....and actually i think Edward has been pretty bold in using brands that are not advertisers, a lot. But he has to appease the big spenders, too!

Also don't mind it's Lupita, but it would be so fresh if this was La Lopez by Meisel reunion, i could totally see it. She probably has an upcoming US cover though!

Once again can't wait to get this issue, especially to see the handsome NG by Meisel.

February 2020, and no word about Vogue Values. Edward is really not joining the club. Brave. Though, I find it odd for #NewVogue to not promote #VogueValues
Neither Vogue Japan. So it’s not 26 Vogues after all

I love the lighting of the cover and editorial, it's a little reminiscent of the Freja, Moncler ads and that great US Vogue editorial where Camilla Nickerson styled Liya, Elise etc in mod looks and plastic visors.

A great portrait on the cover itself, but the LV looks pretty bad in the cover story...and I thought NG's flexing on Marc by MJ here would at least equal an attractive collection in print. Nope! That initial image in profile is amazing though. Looking forward to Craig's editorial, even though his work has never been the same post-Templer and Alex White.

Lupita looks sensational on the cover and I am very excited to see her. I do think, as much as I love her, she has been overused in the past by magazines but with Us getting a lot of Oscar buzz, it's very much deserved.

The whole LV thing on the other hand is kind of cringe..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->