UK Vogue February 2022 by Rafael Pavarotti

It looks like she has a shrunken head but sure.

As a latino, I feel I’ve gone from being force fed one thing to now being force fed another. In neither case do I see diversity or true representation.

This reminds me of the cover under Shulman with British Models in Union Jack attire. Except, laughably, that cover can now be considered more diverse because it included at least one model of a different race (Naomi).

The first cover is STUNNING! Oh I so hope I receive that one in the post, I love it.

I like the group shot also, but it's not as impactful - I feel they could have arranged the models in a better way, it's three layers of people posed at the same height in each row, I think group pictures work better when the models are staggered in a more interesting way.

That group shot cover is a travesty. Every single model should be suing for damages. I like Adut’s a little better, but still a miss. Wasted potential, my God.

Love the first cover with Adut. I get a mature, adult vibe from Adut here and I think the picture is real slick and stark. I also like the brown against Adut’s skin. This definitely makes up for the Alberta Ferretti campaign shot by Pavarotti. I keep looking at the group cover thinking it’s Jourdan Dunn at the top.

I like Adut solo cover. I like the pose very sultry and regal, the styling that use of that LV dress is brilliant. And Edward should just stop at that because the group does absolutely nothing. It's too dark, the lighting and styling are tragic, you can barely see the clothes.

Quite disappointed in this considering the delay. I must admit I expected a nice pop of color for spring from Pavarotti instead of this rather gloomy atmosphere. I don't like either of the two covers but if I had to choose I'd definitely go with Adut's solo.

As much as the intent to feature only African models on the cover makes an almighty statement, Adut Akech's solo cover was the only cover required here because the image itself is just so incredibly bold and powerful alongside the group-shot, which pales in comparison (and that blue is atrocious).

Oh, what a beauty the first cover is! The group shot isn't that impressive - the color blue doesn't suit the cover at all, and overall it's a mediocre attempt.

I’m not digging the black dresses.
Should’ve put them in red or yellow to emphasize the beauty of their skin colour

I like the Adut solo cover...the group cover unnecessary and really who art directed that photo???....the styling?....the backdrop color?...damn...

the first cover is gorgeous and it’s the one I will be getting.

the group cover… I do agree with @vogue28 that it is indeed an ‘almighty statement’ but the result could’ve been better.
that blue is absolutely vile (might look better in print) the lighting is not great, that hair was also a choice and facial expressions wise it’s barely acceptable.

the group shot on the yellow bench is very good though.

I do love the gloomy, dark vibe of it and it instantly reminded me of the unforgettable Vogue Italia from July 2012 (I might be reaching but it was my first thought).

Wow, those covers are regal! Did they undergo an overhaul? The masthead looks different now.

they all look like ghosts, or not real, I hope that wasn‘t intentional

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snork
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->