UK Vogue January 2009 : Cate Blanchett by Patrick Demarchelier

i like cate blanchett and i think she's gorgeous, and i love the minimalism of the cover shot, but i don't know...maybe it's her face, her expression...
anyway... great to see sasha's work again. i really like her ed. i thought drama class would be better though. iris and demarchelier can do better than that...

would love if someone manages to scan it.:woot:
and thanks for Cate Blanchett's interview. nothing revealing, yet a good feature and a trully good actress.
Karlie's ed was a surprise concidering it's Lucinda Chambers' work. not a typical styling you expect from her.
Sasha's edit somehow reminds me of editorial that ran in BV earlier this year highlighting new British fashion designers and featuring Lily D.

i do agree about Lucinda Chamber's styling. Plain little dresses just aren't her usual style eh? :unsure:

Overall, I think it might just be a little bland issue... :innocent:

While I like Sasha's Edit., it seems so typical. It's like she has done that edit a billion times. I also think she would be better in the nightshift edit than Karlie. It looks like they are trying too hard too make karlie look grown up. I think she would be better doing something less "fierce". She just looks too young in the face.

Weak cover and editorials.

While I like Sasha's Edit., it seems so typical. It's like she has done that edit a billion times. I also think she would be better in the nightshift edit than Karlie. It looks like they are trying too hard too make karlie look grown up. I think she would be better doing something less "fierce". She just looks too young in the face.

Agreed, I would love to have seen Karlie in Sasha's ed. and vice versa.

the only eds that i like is iris eds. it's just beautiful. and sasha's eds is boring. btw, thx for the scans :smile:

sasha is stunning, but the ed does seem a bit de ja vu...not her fault though, she's gorgeous in it!!

I think its a bit boring :/..but it's still pretty :smile:
I havent had time to read it but the ed's look gorgeeeous :D

the cover's boring, i'm not even interested in cate so yeah :innocent:

i do like sasha's editorial though, the one shot of her in the purple sequins is great.

Cate's cover is dissapointing,and is sad that I was SOO excited when I saw that was her in the cover.sasha looks amazing.

[scanned by vogue28]

The cover is OK but I've seen Cate look a lot better and it is kinda reminiscent of the recent Karen Elson cover in styling etc.

^^True on both accounts but it does look better in this full scan so thanks for that Vogue28. :flower: :heart:

Sasha's ed is gorgeous!
I love Karlie's too, her legs look great!
And Iris look good too, although her ed is kinda useless IMO...
As for the cover, I'm indifferent to it... May buy this for Karlie and Sasha though...

Drama Class
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
I really like her makeup here. It reminds me one of Stam's ed which looked amazing.. looks nice issue :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sasha looks great!

Karlie looks dull as ditchwater (no suprises there).

in the last issue
they had a section i really liked where
they asked people like matthew williamson, emma watson
who they'd have at a dinner party or something
did they do that with this issue, too? or was it just that one?

and does anyone have that scan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->