UK Vogue January 2018 : Taylor Swift by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Meh. Thought Edward would rather use models on his covers. Why Taylor Swift?

It's a beautiful image! The layout seems a little too sparse though, which is a shame; just a strap-line beneath the 'Taylor Remade' headline would do.

Taylor looks gorgeous and I love the styling, the dress has photographed beautifully! I like that it still has a glamorous/party feel; I know it's the January issue but the festive season has barely actually begun so I like that the cover reflects that. The whole thing is giving me major French Vogue circa late 00's vibes, which I'm not mad about at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like this cover & styling. This is so much better than her edgy makeover for American Vogue. Also looking at the sales of her album, this is going to be Vogue’s most profitable cover.

Loving that red Saint Laurent dress on her :heart:

I too, thought he'd use more models. And so much for "diversity" and all that he was hyping. Here's hoping there is diverse content on the inside...

Feels like a Spanish Vogue cover.

Wow huge for Edward, every magazine must've been begging Taylor to be on the cover. It's a very strong image and styling, but she pulls it off quite well.

The first cover was very Vogue Italia, and this one is very Vogue Paris. I hope he sticks to an identity soon, but still so far it's 2/2 on the cover department.

Meh, it’s a nice image, but she’s not interesting enough visually or as an artist to make me buy this.

Edward must be humming "I go back to December"... This is too heavy for January, it's more December/Christmas appropriate. Not liking the new Vogue so far...

Taylor is a nonevent but this cover looks appealing. It's a toot.

Oh, Edward... you let me down big time :cry:

My thought, exactly :cry:
It's a beautiful image of Taylor Swift (even though I couldn't care less about her) but the font and how it is spared doesn't work at all! Such a letdown...

Meh. Thought Edward would rather use models on his covers. Why Taylor Swift?

It's his second cover, I mean, give him some slack I say. There's nothing to say he won't be using more models, only time is going to tell. But one thing is for sure, he will never just be using models and no celebrities because that just isn't how the world works.

And as for why, that can't really be a question? If you like her or not, it's undeniable she's a huge star. I imagine Edward saw the opportunity to land her, with some thanks to M&M, for his cover and gladly took the opportunity.

At first I read "US Vogue", and was like the cover is actually not bad at all, but for Vogue UK I have higher expectations, and it is hard for me to get past the fact that I absolutely can not stand Taylor. With this being said, I think it is a pretty decent cover, I like the colors and even this hideous YSL dress works here. I hope editorials are strong, not like last time when the cover was killer, but the content was quite boring

I do like the idea and it's a very glamorous way to kick off 2018. Taylor is lucky because her features are very modelesque, I just feel like she could've done more with it. The setting calls for a commanding presence, she looks a bit coy here. And that dress is wearing her instead.

The biggest disappointment for me is the art direction. It's not distinct enough for one of the big 4. Granted VP always looks like a mess, but I expect better from them. Last month was more direct, wish he kept it at that.

Aaah like i feared, spoke to soon about Swift's absence from covers, sigh!

But I do have to say this cover makes me feel so disappointed, not even because he would use a celeb so soon! Anyone who thought he will just use models doesn't know Edward, and his work, or business of editing a magazine! But does it have to look like a copy of Wintours US Vogue? Why so insipid, yet so try hard?

This reminds me of his work at W which i pretty much, mostly, despised!

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely dreadful. After last month's high this comes as a severe downer. Her face cant handle haute Make-up. She looks like an antm reject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozilya
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->