UK Vogue January 2018 : Taylor Swift by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

I'm a big fan of taylor but I'm not really feeling this cover. hopefully the editorial will be much better, but after the december cover, I had such high expectations for the new british vogue but this definitely lowered them which is pretty disappointing

2nd issue in, and it's already comfortably generic-Vogue looking...

(Of course this will sell strongly with her on the cover.)

Because the people who bought her album will automatically purchase the magazine as well?

Most will. I think you're underestimating Taylor's fans.

I don't see how this is Vogue Paris-esque. It looks more US Vogue to me. I hate the dress.

It's his second cover, I mean, give him some slack I say. There's nothing to say he won't be using more models, only time is going to tell. But one thing is for sure, he will never just be using models and no celebrities because that just isn't how the world works.

And as for why, that can't really be a question? If you like her or not, it's undeniable she's a huge star. I imagine Edward saw the opportunity to land her, with some thanks to M&M, for his cover and gladly took the opportunity.

The cover to me is just meh, not that exciting, nor visually appealing. Second of all, that’s just my honest opinion. I saw the cover, I didn’t like it and said it. That’s how the world works.

I have absolutely nothing against Taylor, I was just wondering ”why her?”. Is she releasing new music now or what? Hopefully the contents of this issue will be good!

I don't like it. Awful cover subject and boring photography.

I really can't stand Taylor Swift, but Mert and Marcus are really on a roll.

they should fire their retouchers, her skin looks quite blotchy. :hardhead:

this is very sobering after the *over-hyped?* high of the December cover.

Love Taylor, and so happy to see her on the cover, but I don't like how her face looks here. She's much more beautiful than this.

W “The New Royals”

It’s an okay cover. Still better and much elevated than the previous Vogue.

However, the layout leaves much more to be desired. It looks like a mess and very amateur. With Edward’s artistic eye, I wonder how this layout gets pass through him. It’s tragic. UK Vogue has a big budget for their art direction (heck even Alexandra commissioned a custom font for her Vogue) and yet we have this? Tragic I say.

I'm more disappointed by the fact that he used a celebrity than the cover itself.
It still has a desire of fashion but his magazine seems more international than "UK". I believe a lot in being inclusive by being exclusive and this is too much "coming for a world domination" for me.

But don't get it twisted, Swift is probably much more flattered to be the first celebrity on the cover of the "most anticipated" Vogue in the moment than Edward. This is a win/win situation.

The eds in the december issue were meh so i expect something more for this one.

I CANNOT STAND TAYLOR SWIFT AT ALL, BUT I MUST ADMIT THIS ISNT AS BAD AS I WAS EXPECTING!!! But the makeup is too servere for Swift to pull off. The makeup and clothes are wearing her and not her wearing the clothes.

I just picture Rihanna in this same pose and outfit and it would be GREAT (p.s. Rihanna will get a cover in late summer).

This image look so Vogue Paris , Edward is try to change the magazine in a wrong way , sorry but this is not good, the image is a lot o photoshop , and the pose omg

Truly terrible.

And after the debut cover, this is giving me whiplash. What worked about his first cover (forget about the content, which was terrible), but the cover worked, in my opinion, because, even though it was a true mimic of old Vogue covers, it at least was a very considered and obvious stylistic approach that made it stand out from most other covers currently. I actually would have liked it if Edward had made a choice to stick with that as a direction - with room to evolve, but at least give us a few issues running with that same vintage Vogue, close-up, portrait look. It would been a strong and confident choice - even if he used celebs in the mix.

However, this, as many have already said, looks like a Vogue Paris cover. It looks cheap, uninspired and there is absolutely no relation between this cover and last month's debut, which is it's ultimate failure.

I'm in the "can't stand her" camp, but I like this... she looks like a naiad from a dark pond, the spirit of a rubbery water plant or an unpleasant flower that looks like folds of wet flesh.

So disappointed its her on the cover; that being said she looks good. A big letdown after December though, I was really looking forward to seeing who was on the January cover

What I like about this cover is that it’s a undeniable “fashion image” something that was almost always lacking in Alexandra’s Vogue.

Why her? I thought this was US Vogue. I don't like it at all.

No fan of Swift but Edward did give her a fashion edge and this will sell sell sell.

Awful. Everything looks so wrong here. Especially the hair and makeup.
I also hate that gray background.

I thought this was Vogue US by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->