UK Vogue January 2018 : Taylor Swift by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

I got my issue today and I must say: I love it. I thought the cover was beautiful anyway but it's really great in print. The art direction and layout inside is really nice, much better than the clunky design of the cover lines would lead you to believe, and it feels like they are settling into it after last issue. It just seems cleaner and fresher to me.

Taylor's edit is stunning - the last shot of her, dressed in red and in the water (preview posted above) is absolutely gorgeous. Mert and Marcus have done a nice nude portrait of Lara as well earlier on in the issue. It's such a pleasure seeing Inez and Vinoodh in the magazine and their story is full of warmth and colour, which is lovely to see in the dark, cold month of December.

There's a lot in the issue and I'm excited to dig into the features. Everything thing feels like British Vogue but elevated and refreshed. It's a really solid January issue in my opinion.

I've also got my subscription copy, and randomly opening it in three different places, there's Kristen Scott Thomas looking great, Bella Hadid looking casual, and Tom Ford looking... he's taking self-portraits of himself sitting on a JCB (or a John Deere to be accurate, he's probably a stickler for perfection even when it comes to describing agricultural machinery).

I'm all for this. I loved September's cover, but not the contents - so for me, this issue is a step forward. Edward seems to be applying a stealthy approach, slowly steering the magazine in his preferred direction.

Nothing bad. I think that Taylor and Rihanna are the celebs that can model as well. If Edward is planning another celeb cover, I hope he choses Jessica Chastain (by Meisel :wink: ), that would be a kick *** picture.

Love the cover, not Taylor. Waiting for this to pass, and patiently waiting for Edward to put Kaia Gerber on the cover of Vogue UK.

I just don't like Taylor, but even I have to admit it's a pretty cover. Like the SL dress a lot as well, great pick.

Edward's comments, however, are just cringe at best and dumb at worst. Since when is a world-class lyricist or a role model? Hasn't there actual been a lot of critism about her, from her squads to her total lack of political comments, even when she claims to be the biggest feminist. Edward just seems quite deluded as well, I was rooting for his views and thought he would bring something different, some equality and diversity in this magazine, but so far it's more talk than actions to be honest.

TAYLOR REMADE
Photographer: Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
Stylist: Edward Enninful
Hair: Paul Hanlon
Make-Up: Isamaya Ffrench
Model/Celebrity: Taylor Swift

Vogue UK Digital Edition

↑Taylor (on the Cover) wears Saint Laurent by Anthony Vaccarello Spring 2018 RTW:

www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2018-ready-to-wear/saint-laurent

THE BIG BLUE
Photographer: Inez & Vinoodh
Stylist: Venetia Scott
Hair: Ward Stegerhoek
Make-Up: Sil Bruinsma
Model: Rianne Van Rompaey

Vogue UK Digital Edition

COMFORT ZONE
Photographer: Brianna Capozzi
Stylist: Kate Phelan
Hair: Malcolm Edwards
Make-Up: Lynsey Alexander
Model: Bella Hadid

Vogue UK Digital Edition

BLITZ SPIRIT
Photographer: Karim Sadli
Stylist: Poppy Kain
Hair: Damien Boissinot
Make-Up: Lauren Parsons
Models: Adut Akech, Hiandra Martinez, Hannah Motler, Bente Oort & Yoon Young Bae

Vogue UK Digital Edition

Bellas ed is so boring. It looks like it's from Vogue Italia.

Goddamn, Taylor NAILED her editorial. So beautiful.
Is there an interview or just pictures?

Just the pictures and the lyrics to a song, I suppose. I'm not familiar with her music. It's called "The Trick to Holding On". I also like the photos very much!

I do like Taylor’s ed. Gorgeous! The cover still don’t work though.

Love Rianne's ed, it's so beautiful. The best work of I&V in quite some time (imo). First of all, girl always delivers. Second of all, I love all the colors and brightness. I'm tired of greyness and boring studio shoots. Finally something exciting.

While I dislike the cover and its ed, I really like Rianne's and Bella's stories! And the final editorial is there just for diversity. Hypocrisy.

Goddamn, Taylor NAILED her editorial. So beautiful.
Is there an interview or just pictures?

She wrote a poem for them. No interview.

The Trick to Holding On

Let go of the ones who hurt you
Let go of the ones you outgrow
Let go of the words they hurl your way
as you’re walking out the door
The only thing cut and dry
In this hedge-maze life
Is the fact that their words will cut
but your tears will dry

They don’t tell you this when you are young
You can’t hold on to everything
Can’t show up for everyone