UK Vogue July 2016 : Renée Zellweger by Patrick Demarchelier

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by zzzyao76, Jun 4, 2016.

1. zzzyao76

zzzyao76 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    vogue.co.uk

2. Srdjan

Srdjan Well-Known Member

I know it's because she's promoting the new Bridget Jones, but it feels so random to see her on the cover.

3. Nomar

Nomar Well-Known Member

This looks really amateur.

4. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

She looks so rough. I know we complain a lot about how middle-aged women end up looking like CGI characters when featured in fashion glossies however just a bit more make-up or maybe a smile would do wonders for ths cover.

#4 YohjiAddict, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited by moderator magnes: Jun 4, 2016
  5. Suhzie

Suhzie Member

Jeez. She looks old.

6. honeycombchild

honeycombchild Well-Known Member

What a surprise! I for one am more than happy to see her look her age on the cover personally. I don't think she looks rough, she looks like how she looks, which in a world of over manipulation, I'm always going to be okay with.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of the cover itself, but it's nice to see someone fitting - and an image fitting - of the ageless issue at least.

7. zoom

zoom Well-Known Member

Love seeing Renee again but surprised Patrick missed the mark by so far with this image. She looks worried and tight lipped. I know there had to be a better pic than this one.

8. sixtdaily

sixtdaily Well-Known Member

I don't like the color scheme. It looks like Vogue US and it's not a compliment.
    Also why did they put a woman who f***ed up her face with botox for the "Ageless Issue"?! This makes no sense to me!

9. sore

sore Well-Known Member

She is old.

10. anlabe32

anlabe32 Well-Known Member

Those aren't nice things to say. People over 40 aren't necessarily old or undeserving of a Vogue cover.

Honestly, I would have never thought to see her on a Vogue cover again. She was never a favourite to begin with. That said, i'm pleasantly surprised and I think she's a refreshing choice after all the (untalented) youth we see all the time now.

Does that make this a good cover? No. They could have done way better.

11. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

Never been a fan of her on Vogue.etc covers, and god knows she had many! But it's actually nice to see her, shame it's not better.

12. narcyza

narcyza Active Member

Is it Vogue cover? Really? It's awful.

13. Creative

Creative Well-Known Member

Well, her face got more manipulation than any fashion image in the world. :lol:

I hate photoshop when it's obvious and poorly done, but when the one doing it knows how to use it... why not? It's like surgery in a way. Edit to say that this has a lot of Photoshop even if she looks sort of old.

I honestly HATE people getting covers because they are promoting something. Can't stand it. And more when the project is not even fashion related. UGH.

#13 Creative, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited by moderator : Jun 4, 2016
  14. Yohji

Yohji Well-Known Member

I do wonder if the people who are complaining about her looking old or rough are also the same people who complain about overly photoshopped magazine covers.

15. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

I'm personally not a fan of the hair, especially not the eye makeup, which makes her already squinted eyes even smaller, and that God awful background. Maybe if it was blurred more the headlines would have popped better, but this way they're competing with each other and it bugs me.

I don't mind the fact that they didn't Photoshop her lines, but is this really what she looks like now? I remember seeing some red carpet photos a few months back and her face was pretty smooth. I mean she has been using Botox for years, she's famous for her stiff face - did she stop all of a sudden?

16. Miss Dalloway

Completely disagree, look at the HQ image of the cover, there is nothing remotely botoxed about her face. She has wrinkles around her eyes, lines on her forehead, skin texture.etc, so hardly a case of a woman who has messed up her face with Botox (not to say she hasn't done anything at all, but lets not accusse her of a face swap just yet!). Its just over blown by the tabloids. I think its wonderful they let her look her age on the cover, i just feel like the styling is pointless.

17. sixtdaily

sixtdaily Well-Known Member

Look at her "smile", she can barely move her face ! And the fact that her hands cover half of her face says it all.

18. Miss Dalloway

^ No it doesn't!!!! It just says she was told which pose to HOLD, its how photoshoots work, there are plenty of candids, and photos of her being perfectly able to smile. So sick of women being shamed for having plastic surgery, and the effects of the work they had done blown to hell and back, its 2016!!

#18 Miss Dalloway, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited by moderator Lika: Jun 4, 2016
  19. Creative

Creative Well-Known Member

Yeah, so funny. :lol: And no one is shaming her for having plastic surgery. Stop the victimism.

Saying there's nothing remotely botoxed about her face says it all though... She is the epitome of a botoxed face and she has always been.

20. HeatherAnne

HeatherAnne Well-Known Member

Damn she looks terrible, not because she looks "old", but because she looks like someone who tried to fight age with plastic surgery fixes and just looks plain damn weird.