UK Vogue July 2016 : Renée Zellweger by Patrick Demarchelier

:lol: I'm a Stella Tennant fan, butttt you've got a point.

Not to mention this equally posh, but completely bland, Jean Campbell.

And as a whole, nobody can convince me this is not one of the most boring previews of all time.

I like her too but you know, enough is enough :wink:

Great Exaggerations
Model: Freja Beha Erichsen
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Stylist: Lucinda Chambers

UK Vogue July 2016 Digital Edition

Learning Curves
Celebrity: Renée Zellweger
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Stylist:Verity Parker

Game On
Model: Mica Arganaraz
Photographer: Daniel Jackson
Stylist: Kate Phelan

Plus one pic from The joy of SPECS

Open Season
Models: Stella Tennant, Isabella Cawdor, Jean Campbell & Family
Photographer: Tim Walker
Stylist: Bay Garnett

The shot with the green dress should have been the cover!! It has attitude. It has power. It has an impact. Ugh I am in love with it. Why on earth didn't they use this. :(

The shot with the red coat/sweater (?) is also so beautiful. The vulnerability. The happiness. It makes you feel. Yes.

I need to see Mica styled differently. its getting old.:doh:

True lol ^ i like the green dress as well; even the look on the page before it.. cover-wise
Yes the stories are good =D

I find..when colors are hard to get- like great exaggerations hmm... ..
The one with Stella too
Since it seems to be a theme though~~

Oh and it's very fall-like

Last edited by a moderator:
As usual with UK Vogue the styling in this issue is criminal, Lucinda Chambers has an unusual knack for boring me to tears, how does she keep churning out such mediocre work after all these years is beyond me. Kate Phelan's edit is not as bad but it doesn't quite gel even though Jackson is such a talented photographer, I only liked the portrait shots. Stella's edit is the best of the bunch however the best shots are those with Jean.

PD: Who will be the genius that posts the Balenciaga tote on the "Most overpriced designer" thread? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
In Freja's ed the hair, makeup and styling are all off. And Freja is still stiff.

Kudos to them for leaving her wrinkles un retouched but this whole issue once again is so uninspired. This issue will be forgotten as soon as it's put down.

GREAT EXAGGERATIONS
PHOTOGRAPHER: PATRICK DEMARCHELIER
MODEL: FREJA BEHA ERICHSEN
STYLING: LUCINDA CHAMBERS
HAIR: CHRISTIAAN
MAKE-UP: SAM BRYANT
NAILS: LORRAINE GRIFFIN

IN HQ.

VISUALIZING.FASHION

GAME ON
PHOTOGRAPHER: DANIEL JACKSON
MODEL: MICA ARGANARAZ
STYLING: KATE PHELAN
HAIR: ESTHER LANGHAM
MAKE-UP: YADIM
NAILS: RICA ROMAIN

IN HQ.

VISUALIZING.FASHION

LEARNING CURVES
PHOTOGRAPHER: PATRICK DEMARCHELIER
TALENT: RENÉE ZELLWEGER
STYLING: VERITY PARKER
HAIR: ESTHER LANGHAM
MAKE-UP: LAUREN PARSONS
NAILS: CHRISTINA AVILES

IN HQ.

VISUALIZING.FASHION

the styling is wack (again. as usual. they should learn from VP)

It seems like Lucinda's styling in that Demarchelier edit is just an extension of last year's July cover edit. And Demarchelier should seriously consider taking a break. His work looks very lifeless and repetitive. This is overall a very weak issue, and I say this after having read the features as well.

i don't want to sound mean but that dress is so much worse than renée's face. seriously???

It's not often that I'm dumbstruck by a cover, especially UK Vogue one as i was with this when i saw it at the newsstands!! Can't remember the last time they allowed a famous woman to show LIFE in her face, as much as Renee on this cover! Its usually reserved for famous men, while women are airbrushed into oblivion but seeing Renee look actually real on this cover was glorious. She has lines, wrinkles, skin texture, pores even!!! I HATE the styling, but i bought this just because of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->