UK Vogue July 2018 : Ariana Grande by Craig McDean

Scotty

Reaction score

Last edited by a moderator:
Bravo Vogue UK , they managed to have a photo of her without her ponytail :mrgreen: .

What the hell, Ariana getting a big 4 cover already??? She looks awful, I thought it was Adwoa in a new wig.

I don't listen to her music, or know much about her, but this is the worst i have EVER seen her look, she looks washed out!

What a terrible cover, especially for it to be your first Vogue cover!! If McDean can't do you justice.....?

What the hell, Ariana getting a big 4 cover already??? She looks awful, I thought it was Adwoa in a new wig.

LOL

I wish it were Adwoa.

Almost didn't recognize Ariana, and thought it was Madonna's daughter Lourdes on the cover at first glance. Yikes!

I notice if you click through the images on Ariana's IG post, there's a subscribers cover! Guess a different cover for subscribers is now official with Edward. I wonder if other editions of Vogue will follow suit?

Why waste July on a person who is hella boring and has no personality at all? Let’s not forget that she isn’t photogenic at all!

Should have went with Jourdon Dunn and Rosie Huntington-Whitely together.

See y’all complain about Rihanna and get stuck with Airhead Ariana for July. Lol

If I didn’t know it was Ariana from the text I genuinely wouldn’t have been able to work out who it was.

The subscribers cover is better than the actual cover. The newsstands cover is not inviting at all. She looks tired and over it. Its a pedestrian cover. It doesn't even look like her. And I wish they used the silver hair.

I still hate the concept of having 2 covers. It shows indecisiveness more than creativity. Choose a cover and stick with it!

I still cannot believe that someone finds this art direction appealing. The fact that Edward approved it, and is still approving it to this day is tragic. The ALL CAPS version of the text screams IT DOESN'T WORK

I can't say I hate the newsstand cover, but it doesn't look like anything special whatsoever.

This seems like a shot of an average-looking young girl, experimenting with hair that's not quite the right colour for her, and that's a story that's going on in front of bathroom mirrors up and down the country... but it's not very Vogue.

Didn't expect to see her on the cover one bit! The newsstand cover is a bit random, nothing groundbreaking but still ok though for july. That said, I absolutely love the subscribers cover!

Well, I like the colour scheme. That's about it! Truly shocked at the cover choice. How random! Is he targeting tweens now??
I have absolutely no interest in reading what some airhead who made a career dressing (and acting) like some jailbait-ish Lolita incarnate. And I fail to see how the Vogue reader will relate to her. There's a reason why she's got the least magazine covers of all her peers.

Somewhere out there Selena Gomez with her million dollar Coach deal and follower count is kicking herself. :lol:

Well, I like the colour scheme. That's about it! Truly shocked at the cover choice. How random! Is he targeting tweens now??
I have absolutely no interest in reading what some airhead who made a career dressing (and acting) like some jailbait-ish Lolita incarnate. And I fail to see how the Vogue reader will relate to her. There's a reason why she's got the least magazine covers of all her peers.

Somewhere out there Selena Gomez with her million dollar Coach deal and follower count is kicking herself. :lol:
Ouch. As the coverline seems to suggest, she's going to be talking about the Manchester bombing one year on so... quite an unnecessarily bitchy comment. And this is coming from someone who isn't a fan at all.

I absolutely hate that they’ve started doing subscribers covers, but in this case I’m quite glad of it. The newstand cover is weak, but that close up shot is gorgeous! If they keep producing subscribers covers that are at least considered, and use cover worthy images, then I won’t be too annoyed by it, but I loathe when magazines use subscribers covers as an excuse to throw any old shot on the front for the sake of it.

I’m really surprised to see Ariana but happily so: she’s beautiful, talented and an unexpected choice. It’s a great move to have her on the cover for a slower month, pop stars are known for having extremely dedicated fans so I’m sure they’ll rush out and buy this, probably exposing the magazine to a younger audience.

Ouch. As the coverline seems to suggest, she's going to be talking about the Manchester bombing one year on so... quite an unnecessarily bitchy comment.

A feature would've been equally impacting. Either way, I stand by my comment. You're of course entitled to regard it as you wish.

i thought it was Paris Jackson.
And is Vogue UK turning into W in term of art direction?

Had no idea it was her until I read the caption when I saw the newsstand cover - think it's the first time I've seen her with her hair down! Not a fan, its just so washed out and beige - the subscriber's cover is far better imo so I'm gad I'll be getting that rather than the main shot

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->