UK Vogue June 2015 : Anna Ewers by Patrick Demarchelier

Great for Anna for landing on another big magazine cover, but i'm so sick of this Brigitte Bardot look. She has proven that she can be a very versatile model, but not if they keep styling her like this...

I'm not seeing the Bardot in this cover though... I mean that's her face.. They didn't really primp her up... She's in a bikini at the beach with beach curls... What were they suppose to do with her at the beach? Turn her into a Vargas girl?

^Looking at the cover again I think you're right, there isn't really anything specific-Bardot in it. If she had more eyeliner and teased hair, sure. (My comment about her constantly being styled as Bardot still stands, though!)

Any word on eds other than Freja-styled-by-Kate-Moss?

^ I think that the retro styling (that type of bikini and the shirt) gives her a Bardot vibe more than the hair or her face, imo.

can't wait to see the editorial. Anna is on fire! congrats to her for landing this cover! :smile:

So happy for Anna!! She looks stunning.

Yeah we get it, she looks like BB. Now what else is going on?

^Looking at the cover again I think you're right, there isn't really anything specific-Bardot in it. If she had more eyeliner and teased hair, sure. (My comment about her constantly being styled as Bardot still stands, though!)

Any word on eds other than Freja-styled-by-Kate-Moss?

its shot by Glen Luchford :flower:

Review - 228 Pages

Vogue Spy/Beyond The Sea
Model: Waleska Gorczevski
Photographer: Rory Payne
Stylist: Lucy Bower
5 Pages

Mercury Rising
Model: Freja Beha Erichsen
Photographer: Glen Luchford
Stylist: Kate Moss
10 Photos

Blue Summer
Cover Model: Anna Ewers
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Stylist: Clare Richardson
10 Photos

Endless Days
Model: Julia Hoomans
Photographer: Vanetia Scott
Stylist: Bay Garnett
10 Photos

Vogue Promotion/Modern Beauty
Models: Vanessa Moody, Carola Remer & Julia Schneider
Photographer: Paul Wetherell
Stylist: Kate Phelan
14 Photos

good, proper models and not socialites :D i like this issue already

Kinda boring cover through, but wait to see the whole content.

Looking forward to Freja and Waleska's edits! Suddenly Venetia Scott is everywhere, it's high time female photographers other than Von Unwerth, Akrans and Kudacki get their share of mainstream acclaim.

I wish there was more variety in the poses and expressions...

When I heard that Freja was shot in Marrakesch, I thought at least there will be colour. And yet with all the colour it still ends up so, dour. Maybe I just dont like Glen Luchford's work. Oh and I can picture Kate Moss in every one of these looks. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

I love Freja's edit, she is amazing as usual ! Love the styling too !

They went to Marrakech to shoot almost every picture in a nondescript location?! such a waste :judge:

Other than a minor point of maybe they should pick a few landmarks in Marrakesh for the photoshoot, I like what I saw.

For the cover story, although a pretty typical summer beach theme, it's quite nicely done. Anna Ewers definitely suits the story very well, she looks gorgeous.

In the hand, this 'summer' issue seems like a catalogue of dullness, but it's only £2, so it was an instant purchase, regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->