UK Vogue June 2018 : Cara Delevingne by Steven Meisel

This might be the first time I actually like Cara, it’s a stunning portrait.

Only Steven can make Cara look good...lol

It's a pretty picture, but same layout as the Adwoa cover? Again?

Is it a stunning portrait, ABSOLUTELY!

Do I like it. Nope!

Again, its a safe cover. Its formulaic. This looks like a more relaxed version of Adwoa’s cover.

The 2 Meisel covers ACTUALLY look the same. From the composition, background, color scheme ++.

And that hideous layout now comes in ALL CAPS. Innovative.

In all honesty, the hat (?) saved this. Otherwise it would’ve fell flat. But even that Adwoa cover had a headpiece. FOR. MU. LA.

He really needs to step it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would NEVER understand the casting of British Vogue under Edward Enninful.

This is pretty iconic.

Wow, this is the first time Meisel has worked with Cara right?

yes! Cara and Meisel working after so long. Waiting for this since 2010!

Finally a great cover from Edward’s takeover, and this has potential to be iconic or even timeless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it a stunning portrait, ABSOLUTELY!

Do I like it. Nope!

Again, its a safe cover. Its formulaic. This looks like a more relaxed version of Adwoa’s cover.

I wouldn't call this cover safe, personally speaking. There's no real fashion in the cover shot for a June issue and no signs of a major advertiser. It's just all about the ideal and the portrait of Cara which I can definitely appreciate considering the current state of affairs regarding the magazine industry. We're always bombarded with the business side of things nowadays, this sight of a real fashion and beauty moment is much-welcomed.

Wow this is stunning! I wasn't expecting Cara to be on a cover by Edward for awhile but this is a pleasant surprise. I like the combination of the white hat and background + red text and Cara's bright blue eyes. Overall, I'm a fan!

I love it! It’s giving me. It’s giving me Vogue Ukraine vibes.

This is stunning! But it reminds me so much of Adwoa’s shots for Marc Jacobs beauty & even her British vogue cover.

It’s interesting that Edward doesn’t put many advertisers on his covers...

Steven Meisel can make any model look good, well, almost.
I like this. Congratulations on Cara working with Meisel

What a truly great cover!! I would say, daring even! Not all that into Cara, but Meisel really did her justice, i love how clean, and striking it is. Can't wait to see it in print.

Blessed be the fruit :lol:
It's a very nice cover, never been a Cara fan but this looks beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->