UK Vogue June 2018 : Cara Delevingne by Steven Meisel

Lmao!

He did it for Coach a few seasons ago, last year, actually. Not the ones where theyre lounging in a car, he literally went outdoors in a field. With blazing sun.

I'm impressed that the cover is getting so much love, even from KissMiss of all people.

Hold on! I don’t hate Meisel. I loved his Adwoa cover too. I also don’t hate Cara. So I am not sure why are u so surprised :-D I found Meisel’s work uninspiring at many occassions but that’s mainly when he works for Vogue Italia (obviously, I don’t mean his creative golden age). I did sl*g him off many times, so maybe I am known as MeiselHatingTrolllll :-D But I promise, I am not.

I literally screamed when I saw the title... DAMN!:buzz:
What a ****ing surprise. Cara looks so good. As a huge fan, I couldn't be happier for her snatching this cover by Meisel! (when will she get VI tho? :ermm:)

. Looks very hf. I'm not even phased that it's not a summery shot.
I have to say i want a proper summer cover shot! It will be weird if they don't have one for July, wonder if he plans to keep it the "Ageless Issue". It's always one of the best sellers of the year for them, so......

I can't be the only one who finds this boring? ...Anyone? ...Anyone?

Shocked as hell he agreed to shoot her finally; Edward must have really twisted his arm (or maybe not, I suppose maybe Steven doesn't care that much anymore). It's a great cover, regardless. However I have a feeling the edit inside will look pretty dull? Not sure. Meisel seems to think he's in his Penn phase already? However, he's not exactly going to that level for me across the board yet.

I literally screamed when I saw the title... DAMN!:buzz:
What a ****ing surprise. Cara looks so good. As a huge fan, I couldn't be happier for her snatching this cover by Meisel! (when will she get VI tho? :ermm:)

Yes, why she doesn't get VI yet? It's ridiculous at this point. She is one of the best models of this decade!!! About Edward choice, I think he made a miracle this time. Noticed that Meisel shots the cover for every seasonal month. Next is september, for sure!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's unreal how Edward could talk Steven into photographing Cara. But was it Steven who wanted to shoot her? I don't know. It's a lovely cover anyway.

^ IKR? Never on Earth would I imagined Meisel shooting her any time soon. I mean, if he didn't do it during her golden modeling years, I thought the possibility was over... but now here we are, and I must say the result looks like the wait was worth it.

Never on Earth would I imagined Meisel shooting her any time soon.

There's a faint ray of hope for Kendall yet. But the ultimate shocker would be UK Vogue: Kate Moss by Steven Meisel.

Amazing cover and portrait! I'm not in love with the font on the cover but seems to work

I'm shocked he agreed to work with her, a little disappointed as well. But Meisel seems to have a low standard lately.

The cover is quite beautiful though it reminds me a little too much of Adwoa's cover.

This is the best picture she's ever taken. Meisel has a talent for bringing out the beauty in whoever he shoots. Who thought Cara could do elegant? Color me suprised!

Just stunning. Meisel creates magic everytime; I'm one of those who thinks he can do no wrong and I'm not ashamed to say it.

I'm happy to see something light and fresh, it feels summery and I like that they achieved that without the sunshine and the beach (although I must say I am waiting for Edward to put out a beautiful location cover). It's minimal but not clinical, and the pop of red is perfect.

This type of shot is where Edward's Vogue shines - pure, straight up, simple beauty. I'd happily accept a Meisel portrait for every issue, just with some different backdrops; I'm glad to see that this one isn't grey.

Wow.

Photography, styling, make up, all on point. Imagine it though with someone who has a more striking/beautiful face.

I'm shocked he agreed to work with her, a little disappointed as well. But Meisel seems to have a low standard lately.

The cover is quite beautiful though it reminds me a little too much of Adwoa's cover.

What are the metrics to consider if his standard is low or high? No matter who he shoots he always gets the best out of his subjects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->