UK Vogue March 2021 : Angelina Jolie by Craig McDean

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by vogue28, Feb 1, 2021.

1. caioherrero

caioherrero Well-Known Member

Edward, please go away. This is mediocrity

2. MON

MON Well-Known Member

Yikes. 2 horrible covers.

The second cover. Was am I seeing Kim Kardashian? That ensemble reminds me of her. Even The Hollywood Reporter does a better cover than this.

Terrible! I told you, Vogue global will talk about creativity while showing none of it

rianne fans and Benn98 like this.
  3. Ivancica

Ivancica New Member

This!

I don't mind the first cover.
    It just isn't Vogue.

LastNight and vogue28 like this.
  4. caioherrero

Edward really thinks that he will be the next EIC of American Vogue?

franceslions and marimy7 like this.
  5. 8eight

8eight Well-Known Member

BAD fashion, right?

6. caioherrero

American Vogue 2.0, but I still prefer the original.

7. marimy7

marimy7 Member

This cover:censored:

8. Summer Day

Summer Day Active Member

Yeah. I dont mind the first cover, but not sure for March. Also, missing the creativity aspect we're suppose to see here.

9. Summer Day

Summer Day Active Member

Its a UK Vogue thread, so the negative comments should not be surprised. Sure all the good comments are being withheld for Alt.

[Piece Of Me] likes this.
  10. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

Enninful did not care about the theme. Nothing creative but nice cover. The second cover is not necessary. Let's see the content.

11. Wagon1974

Wagon1974 New Member

Unfortunately I’m disappointed - March is meant to be thee fashion issue yet they’ve delivered two quite simplistic covers of Angelina Jolie who I would say isn’t known for her fashion choices on and off the red carpet? Her wardrobe tends to be minimalistic and conservative - black and white colour palette sometime a dash of nude or khaki which is represented here on the two covers.

I was looking forward to an outstanding cover / cover star especially considering they have a full editorial of Kate Moss in Fendi couture.

I’m finding myself not buying British Vogue nowadays - it is very oriented towards an American readership. Where are the British supermodels, TV/Stars, etc? You’re also telling me that there are no British-Asian supermodels? Or give a stand-alone cover to an international Asian supermodel and not a joint shot where they are just a token. British Vogue is terrible in representing PoC but none more so than Asian faces.

vogue28, rianne fans, Benn98 and 3 others like this.
  12. aracic

aracic Moderator

Three issues in and still no sign of Meisel this year... what a disappointment.

I can't believe this was shot by Craig McDean! It looks so utterly amateur and dare I say ugly. It's the Angelina Jolie we're talking about and you have this as your cover story? The second cover must be one of the most offensive covers Edward has ever produced during his tenure. From lighting to layout, it's all so criminally ugly and amateur that I can't believe they published it for real. Who did the editing on G around Angelina's hair? Embarrassing to even post this anywhere online...
    The first cover is hardly a subscribers edition worthy image, but it's a million times better in comparison. The minimal styling doesn't sit right with me for the Spring fashion issue of the year, though. Can you even call that styling? I don't know. Embarrassing cover and previews, embarrassing for everyone involved. Angeline does look beautiful though, but that was to be expected. Mert & Marcus should've shot this!

Two March issues, no creativity in sight. I don't know whether to be thankful for this lack of stupidity and pretentiousness from incapable EICs or not. I'm sure we'll get plenty of that in the coming weeks... Can't say that I'm disappointed anymore. I'm just sad we're stuck with all these losers at the top jobs of the industry.

13. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

Once again I want to question McDean’s photography, because Angelina looks flawless and is radiant in the video - and teamed with that glorious Los Angeles sunshine I am in awe:

HFBvrg, KINGofVERSAILLES and aracic like this.
  14. RedSmokeRise

RedSmokeRise Well-Known Member

They've really managed to make her look so beyond basic here. Yikes!!

15. DK92

DK92 Well-Known Member

American Vogue 2.0? This looks like Glenda's Harper's Bazzar.

caioherrero likes this.
  16. Mercredi

Mercredi Active Member

Noooo, I'm so disappointed. I wanted a cover with current models photographed by steven Meisel.
    I really can't stand Edward at the helm of British Vogue anymore...

franceslions likes this.
  17. VogueGirl8910

VogueGirl8910 Well-Known Member

The first cover is stunning, but the second & previews look horrible, bland & boring, i can't believe than McDean made a bad work & these photographs are the worst. I was hoping to see than Meisel shoot the cover on this issue, but Enninful ruins everything on the last minute before to publish or release this mag on every month.

18. Stallonation

Stallonation Member

I like the photo where she's sitting with the dogs
    should have been the cover

19. 8eight

8eight Well-Known Member

So was it styled over zoom?

20. WAVES

WAVES Well-Known Member

beyond pedestrian.
    Jesus.
    you have Angelina Jolie and this is what you come up with?

the 1st cover could’ve been 1000 times better if she was looking at the camera. 2nd cover is not even cover worthy (catalogue much?!) and the rest of the pictures are very... weekly magazine with a rich housewife that has a bunch of kids.
    oh wait...

besides, for such a good actress (I loved her in most of her movies especially ‘Girl Interrupted’, ‘Gia’, The Changeling’... that video comes across so forced! ALSO, stop with this silly ‘what’s inside your bag’ nonsense...

I know she has a couple of projects coming out ‘soon’ and I knew that our fanboy Edward would never miss this chance. I mean, who would? it’s Angelina Jolie... shame for the result, so far, and I do hope there’s a couple of better pictures inside.
    hopefully will get hold of the b&w one... :innocent:

liberty33r1b and aracic like this.